[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

Bucky Kid

Quote from: gynta on June 20, 2015, 00:29:32
but it is not visible with raster maps.
or do you use a vector map overlay?

settings -> map control & panels -> map screen - panels -> Onscreen Map Themes Switcher
is ON (expected for use on vector map) and visible on raster map.
My point was why the themes handler has to be visible also over pure raster map (no vector overlays)
  •  

gynta

screenshot? (with mapinfo on top)

Bucky Kid

Screenshot

•  

gynta

aha orux - thats a better information now. ok thx

Bucky Kid

Handler is showing also on different fomats (GEMF)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Bucky Kid on June 20, 2015, 04:30:47
Quote from: gynta on June 20, 2015, 04:26:27aha orux - thats a better information now. ok thx
Handler is showing also on different fomats (GEMF)
Hmm, strange - because here it works for now.
tested with formats. orux, mbt, vec, tar, vec dir, sql, sql dir, img

Menion

guys, 4:30 and you do not sleep?? :)

yes really weird. This button have to be visible only in case, it is useful. So for now, only if any vector map or OutdoorActive map (online/offline) is visible. As gynta wrote before - aren't you using vector map as overlay?

@Bucky kid: if only track itself changed style to own, it may be ok. If track has defined color in GPX file, then is set style to this own color instead of color (style) of folder.

Dashboard: hmm have to check it, because they should correctly react on top/bottom panels if this option is enabled. You should be then able to place these buttons over existing buttons ...

@gynta: different behavior when "add item to functions panel" - united, thanks

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

About blank online 8) map
I'm not happy with new position of blank maps, because for me it's in the middle of my map list:

and yes, i use it very often!
To follow a yellow track line on a blank dark map is the best solution on sunny days.

about description

i know what "null" means
but maybe "no description available" or an empty field would be better.

Menion

hmm I moved it because you started topic (few weeks ago) that blank in list of online maps should not be. I agree that it is not exactly online map, but because I have no other place, I've rather move it to "bottom".

So any better, more logical and easily findable place? Because even after few years, I have no idea :)

EDIT1: And "null" - funny, just yesterday I found it too and fixed.

EDIT2: and to problem with missing "track rec" side button, in case you have permanently visible track record button in functions panel, this side button is not visible
  •  

Bucky Kid

Side theme button is not disappearing because of probably problem with screen refresh when switching from vector to raster map.
If I turn off and on screen the button is already gone. The same if I leave Locus and come back.

Quote from: menion on June 20, 2015, 06:03:55
if only track itself changed style to own, it may be ok. If track has defined color in GPX file, then is set style to this own color instead of color (style) of folder.
You're right the gpx file has some Garmin attributes. For this case it would be useful having option to ignore gpx extensions on import screen
  •  

jusc

@menion

is it possible to add a reload or rescan possibility to maps (folder). If you add a map while Locus is running you have to restart Locus.
Thanks in advance.  ;D

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@Bucky Kid: hmm not sure. Maybe I more disagree :). Track has it's defined color, then why extra settings to remove it? What next? Another checkbox like "do not import description", "set names to X", "set import date to", etc ... I think such settings has sense for one of 1000 users, what you think?

@jusc: hmm I though I'm only one who needs to add/remove maps so often :). Truth is that usage is similar to @Bucky Kid idea (maybe little big higher), on second side, it may be hidden in three dot menu of Map manager. More people interested in this?
  •  

jusc

For me place in maps manager it would be ok. And yes i often change maps to see how themes look.
P. E. in the Netherlands the coverage of tags (icons( is very close, on Iceland or Nepal are other tags, So i load a new map with PC and copy it to the phone.
Btw. adding hillshading hgt files use a restart of Locus too.
Regards J.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
first thank you for the new 3.9.2.

But I found a serious bug (crash) on my two smartphones with 3.9.2 pro and 3.9.1.6:
on a raster map (OutdoorActive) I tap on "Schnelleinstellungen" and then on "Thema der Karte" (I know this makes no sense) and after this another tap on "Thema der Karte"  or another menu forces Locu to crash.

I attached a catlog and sent you two feedbacks.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Ah, I probably never tried to "set theme" when no "themable map (vector map or new outdoor active ma) is active.

Thanks, issue found
  •