[APP] - version 3.5.X+ (updated 12.12.2014)

Started by tramp20, December 12, 2014, 18:20:58

Menion

I've changed this for "sorting" and forget to change it here, thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
probably your nightmare is back..... ::)
during last days i recognized that my last autobackup run on 18.12. although it was set each day and worked last half year perfect.
Yesterday i started my device new and set new autobackup of "free" and "pro" at different times during the night.
But no autobackup is stored and no notification is visible, only the date of next autobackup is set to next date!
Creating a manual backup is possible. :)
Two things of my point of view could be the reason,
- modification from a locusupdate on 19.12, if there was one????
- my autobackup time from "free" was on 18:00 and two or three times locus was running and i get the message "backup not possible while locus is running"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

My experience is that auto-backup still do not work correctly. So, thanks ... but I know that my nightmare still exists  ;D
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on December 29, 2014, 08:52:47
My experience is that auto-backup still do not work correctly. So, thanks ... but I know that my nightmare still exists  ;D

Hi,
do you want to read my strange experiences?
I have two smartphones. On the old one with a custom ROM Locus pro and free are running the auto backup always at the correct time :-)
But on my Sony Z1c (stock ROM 4,4,4) the auto backup behaves very strange (phone of course on and Locus not running):
1. either no auto backups at all or
2. at a accidental time both or only one or
3. I have to send the phone to deep sleep for some seconds and after waking up both backups start running at the same second and parallel.

On this phone another app (SMS Backup&Restore) behaves similar but the app MacroDroid (and all timer apps) are working perfekt.

So are there several methods in Android to start/read timer functions because some apps are always ok and other not?

Sorry I cannot help you more. If you tell me what I should record in a catlog then I will do my best.

SMS Backup&Restore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

MacroDroid; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

michaelbechtold

Menion,
besides my recent post, for which I would appreciate  a consideration, there is one more serious thing that came to my attention when dealing with brouter: SD-Card handling, in particular re. SRTM.
Locus nicely allows full control over the folders where maps of whatever kind reside. So these "valuable" assets are secured from de-installs. Also you provide Backup path definition in the config file - great
But SRTM data are valuable, pot. huge mass data, too, and they reside in the app folder structure. To allow balancing space between internal and external SD Cards, and to secure this data in case of de-install / re-install, pls. put a path to SRTM into your config file, too.
Also, this will allow to use the same SRTM data for Pro and Beta installs on external SD.
TXs and kind regards
Michael
  •  

tommi

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 01, 2015, 13:47:19
Menion,
besides my recent post, for which I would appreciate  a consideration, there is one more serious thing that came to my attention when dealing with brouter: SD-Card handling, in particular re. SRTM.
Locus nicely allows full control over the folders where maps of whatever kind reside. So these "valuable" assets are secured from de-installs. Also you provide Backup path definition in the config file - great
But SRTM data are valuable, pot. huge mass data, too, and they reside in the app folder structure. To allow balancing space between internal and external SD Cards, and to secure this data in case of de-install / re-install, pls. put a path to SRTM into your config file, too.
Also, this will allow to use the same SRTM data for Pro and Beta installs on external SD.
TXs and kind regards
Michael
+1
  •  

Mek

Hello,
recently I observed change of behavior (don't know in which version precisely) when Locus is sent to background and then restored, let me describe:
Open Locus, open a cache via map, switch to Listing tab
Press Home button to send Locus to background
Open Locus again via its icon
Locus is restored but shows the map, not the listing of cache. You have to open the cache again.
This is sometimes a little cumbersome when cache listing contains more complicated formula to calculate and I have to switch to a calculator app and then back to Locus :) Please can this be fixed?
Thanks.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 01, 2015, 13:47:19
...SRTM data are ...mass data...
...allow to use ...SRTM data ...on external SD.
Lot of words for an simple idea.
...and btw. the wrong place (I suggest to post here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add)
but...

+1 :)

first search for srtm data in work directory.
didn't found -> see also into different path.

Menion

Hi, happy new year ;)

SRTM on SD card: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/hillshading-on-sd

@Mek: and when you open Locus again over home (list of apps) > Locus?
  •  

Mek

Quote from: menion on January 05, 2015, 15:49:01
@Mek: and when you open Locus again over home (list of apps) > Locus?
That was the flow which did not work. But I tried now again and it works. Maybe it's been already fixed :)
Happy new year to you too.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

Hi to All,

seems that even here, even on help.locusmap.eu is not too much work. For which I am happy. Thanks to this, I get crazy idea to look at news in Android 5.

Result is new version for test on Google Play. Old version after all these years, was quite a big mess in styles and it was impossible to simply update UI to new Android because of lot of own customizations I did. So I had to rewrite every single screen to match new possibilities.

My priority was to make Locus style as close as possible to current! style I think that last version looks and works fine, but it was on end of possibilities. So goal is update to new style and keep usability and functionality on same level, ok?

Improvements in name of Android L will come later. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

szebenyib

The first thing I have noticed is how all the tabs became bigger. In earlier versions, more tabs were visible at the top. I don't know if it can be made smaller. Maybe they have to sell bigger and bigger phones because of wasted screen space like this.
This brighter theme is not too elegant, but I know that this is the trend.
All in all I like the previous look better, but it is only my opinion and it does not seem to affect Locus usage adversely based on a small couch test.
  •  

Guido Farina

I like Locus as it is, really don't need lollipop look...
  •  

Menion

Quote from: szebenyib on January 09, 2015, 20:35:20
The first thing I have noticed is how all the tabs became bigger. In earlier versions, more tabs were visible at the top. I don't know if it can be made smaller. Maybe they have to sell bigger and bigger phones because of wasted screen space like this.
This brighter theme is not too elegant, but I know that this is the trend.
All in all I like the previous look better, but it is only my opinion and it does not seem to affect Locus usage adversely based on a small couch test.

Wider tabs are problem on my side as I had issue with cut words so I rather made them bigger :). I'll try to fix it.

And I also hope, that current design changes won't have any effect on usability. This is what I'm currently trying to do. So thanks for feedback.

And @Guido Farina, almost no one require new design now :), but every app (except some exceptions like Total Commander), require improving in UI to better match current trend ... so this is just an natural progress which should be with as less pain as possible for both sides (me and Users)
  •  

Christian

Natural process?
Do you believe in uniformity instead of diversity?
If I had apps looking all the same style it would be sad.... and boring. So please stay with your own design.
  •