[APP] - version 3.3.X+ (updated 4.10.2014)

Started by Menion, October 03, 2014, 12:49:31

Menion

Quote from: Christian on October 18, 2014, 15:48:30
As you can see in this thread, menion promised to keep this in mind. So i'm waiting patiently.

And that's already happen. Because I was aware of this issue, track thumbnail is below name! So name can take advantage of a whole width of screen. Previously there were and icon.

But with this feature showing also the map thumbnail and some values (height meters are missed!) the list is tattered and tracks are difficult to find when a lot of tracks in the list. And i have a lot of tracks.
So i suggest to solve this new (small) problem and keep the tracklist scalable make a foldable container wich is closed by default and can be opened by tapping on the track name. This container can contain all the preview and values and the teaser of the description and other stuff still to come. The list is going to be a list again.

Easy to say, harder to create. Is this really needed? Now when title may be longer and part of description is visible?

I guess new problems are generated when Locus is pimped by mini maps, thumbnails and more information because the area which can be used has still the same size. So be careful when pimping ;)
Width is same. But as you noticed, height has increased to be able to contain all data. I hope new layout is more friendly then before.

I'm old school: expecting compressed information, no trumpery, K.I.S.S.
So i'm a little bit afraid that Locus can become ... to big and multicolored. May be the young dudes expect it. Me not.
Functionality has the priority. And no software should force the user to do something he doesn't want.
I'm always searching for best compromise ...

Quote from: aberfoyle on October 19, 2014, 02:33:31
Can you add a function to the information screen that takes one back to the track list positioned on the track that is shown in the information screen?  This way there is no need to worry about the Android back arrow.  Since I already go to the information screen from the map screen (touch track), it is not a burden to then choose a function that lets me go back to the list from that screen.

I'll try to look at it.

@balloni: thanks, I'll check mentioned problems!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

I found that the thumbnail in track list is not updated after editing recorded track by 'Remove all before/after' operation.
  •  

jusc

The map doesn´t turn after using the second button from left at the bottom. Rebooting the phone (4.0.4) didn´t help.
With older version (a month ago) no problem.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: thanks, fixed

@jusc: with latest 3.3.1 or you use test version? If in 3.3.1 then this issue will be fixed in next version
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on October 19, 2014, 16:26:00
@jusc: with latest 3.3.1 or you use test version?
I used the latest Pro version.
If in 3.3.1 then this issue will be fixed in next version
Ok, does not matter, thanks.
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

Geocache label is not updated after geocache update.
e.g. i search for TB´s and tap on map from cache icon to cache icon till i find a cache which consist  a TB, i open the cache, update it (in the meantime the TB was grabbed) and go back to mapview. The label is furthermore opened but not updated.

If update of label is not possible, it will be better to hide it while listing is opened.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CaptKaos2

Tried the test version 3.3.1.2 mainly to try the popup labels for points.
Really liked it, especially when doing a series of caches. Touching the icon allows me to quickly turn on guiding instead of loading all the details.
Another great innovation.

CK
  •  

balloni55

V 3.3.1.3 first impression
Quotei can t open a photopoint in a track, it is also not possible to edit a photopoint
solved :)
Quotelittle wish, is it possible to display start and end dot of a track in different colour?
thank you 8)
QuoteOn device with small screen the right side of large label is under right side panel
Quoteif i start to edit a track and open trackdetails, after click on back button the fields of trackedit are grayed
QuoteGeocache label is not updated after geocache update #96
no improvement

with track edit i have to play again and take a video, there is something not ok
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thanks balloni. I hoped that problem with refresh is also solved. Hmm have to check it once more ...
  •  

balloni55

Quotewith track edit i have to play again and take a video, there is something not ok
if i open "edit on track" on start or end of track and try to jump from point to point there is a strange behavior, see screencast
In high zoomlevel it works better and it jump down from point 3 > 1 see second 36
in lower zoomlevel it jump down from point 6 > 1 see second 55,
after that is no effect on arrow click ::)

View My Video
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: ta-ka on October 19, 2014, 12:22:47
I found that the thumbnail in track list is not updated after editing recorded track by 'Remove all before/after' operation.

Quote from: menion on October 19, 2014, 16:26:00
@ta-ka: thanks, fixed

Thanks.
But, how is it possible to update thumbnails which has been already created?
There seems no way to just clear and update thumbnails without further track edit operation.

•  

balloni55

Quote from: ta-ka on October 22, 2014, 11:54:11

Thanks.
But, how is it possible to update thumbnails which has been already created?
There seems no way to just clear and update thumbnails without further track edit operation.
Hi ta-ka
i hope i do not misunderstand you
if you want to refrech the "map preview" in POI/tracklist, open "POI/track details" click "Style on map", change "use style of the folder" on/off or vise versa
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

Hi balloni

By changing "use style of the folder" on/off, thumbnail has been cleared and re-created.  This is exactly what I wanted to do.
Thank you very much!
  •  

gynta

Menion

good point. I'll do it right after we return from small trip in Thursday. Thanks
  •