Theme developing question

Started by jusc, May 11, 2014, 17:12:00

jusc

That is the wrong one.
Should V-S2_Cycle_OAM or similar. At least "Cycle" should be piece of the name of the theme.
Regards J.
  •  

popej

I have compiled test map of Germany. It is divided into 19 tiles and packed into 2 archives, temporary links:
(sorry, files deleted)
popej
  •  

jusc

@popej
Germany maps are looking very nice. Thank you very much.
I will make some tests with my themes, specially for hiking with coloured ways and hiking symbols and come back later.
One question for now: Is there a special reason to divide the map into 19 small maps.
All maps have about 1,5 - 1,6GB, that could be clued to one or two maps. Can I (or users) copy the maps together?

Regards J.
  •  

popej

Size of a map is limited by RAM available for java at compilation time. I probably could make map of Germany in 2 pieces. But I'm testing procedures for bigger maps, for example full Europe.

I'm not sure if Locus has full support for a tiled map. Prepared tiles seems to switch correctly unless I zoom far out. Is there a way to switch maps basing not only on position but on zoom (layer) too?
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Hi Popej, I'm testing the tags you've added, so far so good. Great job. I need some extra time to modify my theme so I will also get back soon. I was wondering if we could solve path text overlapping problem like this:

Let's say we have to LCN on the same road and we want to display their names properly (not overlapping each other). Maybe you could somehow merge names of 2 LCN so the road with 2 LCN has only one route name like this "LCN 1 / LCN 2". And the same for "ref" tags.That could be a nice workaround. And if we have RCN and LCN on one road we could just use "dy" attribute so nothing is really needed to be done in this particular case. Thanks in advance :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: popej on October 13, 2014, 17:37:34
Size of a map is limited by RAM available for java at compilation time. I probably could make map of Germany in 2 pieces. But I'm testing procedures for bigger maps, for example full Europe.

I'm not sure if Locus has full support for a tiled map. Prepared tiles seems to switch correctly unless I zoom far out. Is there a way to switch maps basing not only on position but on zoom (layer) too?

Locus is able to load maps automatically, but I don't use this, because I have a lot of vector maps and I mostly don't know which map will be loaded. Two pieces of map would make it easier for me. :)
Regards J.
  •  

popej

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 13, 2014, 19:33:29Maybe you could somehow merge names of 2 LCN so the road with 2 LCN has only one route name like this "LCN 1 / LCN 2". And the same for "ref" tags.
I"ll think about it. I can't see any nice solution but maybe I'll get a good idea.

Quote from: jusc on October 13, 2014, 20:18:27I have a lot of vector maps and I mostly don't know which map will be loaded.
Would be nice to have a possibility to group a set of tiles into a single map. And to add an overview map, which could be visible when zooming out. This would be a basic support. I don't like to see a long list of vector maps either. But I'm a casual user of Locus, maybe there are solutions, that I'm not aware of?

popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Quote from: popej on October 13, 2014, 23:28:40
Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 13, 2014, 19:33:29Maybe you could somehow merge names of 2 LCN so the road with 2 LCN has only one route name like this "LCN 1 / LCN 2". And the same for "ref" tags.
I"ll think about it. I can't see any nice solution but maybe I'll get a good idea.

That would be great. Thanks in advance for trying ;)

One other thing:
    <rule e="way" k="network" v="iwn|nwn" >
This short example rule applies to iwn OR nwn, but is it possible to write a rule which applies to both of these routes? I'm talking about a rule that would work like this:
<rule e="way" k="network" v="iwn AND nwn">
So it only works when both conditions are met... I.e. a part of a road which has iwn AND ncn on it....
That would help me a lot with color coded routes.
  •  

popej

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 14, 2014, 09:43:49
2 conditions should form AND:
<rule e="way" k="network" v="iwn">
   <rule e="way" k="network" v="nwn">

But you won't find that kind of routes on my maps.

I have 2 ideas about multiple routes on one way:
- add some artificial tag, like "instance=2" or "instance:lcn=2" on second route,
- draw second route in opposite direction,

I'd rather prefer first idea, this won't change anything in OSM data.
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Quote from: popej on October 14, 2014, 12:00:54
Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 14, 2014, 09:43:49
2 conditions should form AND:
<rule e="way" k="network" v="iwn">
   <rule e="way" k="network" v="nwn">

But you won't find that kind of routes on my maps.

I have 2 ideas about multiple routes on one way:
- add some artificial tag, like "instance=2" or "instance:lcn=2" on second route,
- draw second route in opposite direction,

I'd rather prefer first idea, this won't change anything in OSM data.
Popej, sorry I meant iCn and nCn :)
About route names: I also prefer first method. I wonder how that would work? Drawing second route in opposite direction isn't a best idea, what if we have 3 or more routes on the road? :)

EDIT: What I'm trying to achieve:
Example 1: 1 blue route on the road shows solid blue line.
Example 2: 1 blue and 1 green route on the route shows dashed blue/green line.

<rule e="way" k="state" v="~">
<rule e="way" k="osmc" v="*">
<rule e="way" k="route" v="bicycle" zoom-min="17">
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="blue">
<line stroke="#880000FF" stroke-width="5" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="green">
<line stroke="#880000FF" stroke-width="5" stroke-dasharray="10,10" stroke-linecap="butt" />
<line stroke="#88008000" stroke-width="5" stroke-dasharray="0,10,10,0" stroke-linecap="butt" />
</rule>
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="yellow">
<line stroke="#88FFFF00" stroke-width="5" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
<line stroke="#88008000" stroke-width="5" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="red">
<line stroke="#88FF0000" stroke-width="5" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="black">
<line stroke="#88000000" stroke-width="5" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="osmc_color" v="white">
<line stroke="#9966FF" stroke-width="3" stroke-linecap="round" />
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>

But it doesn't seem to work....
This part dosn't display at all
                  <line stroke="#880000FF" stroke-width="5" stroke-dasharray="10,10" stroke-linecap="butt" />
                  <line stroke="#88008000" stroke-width="5" stroke-dasharray="0,10,10,0" stroke-linecap="butt" />
               </rule>
            </rule>
  •  

popej

If I add some tags for second and next routes, then you cold define different for them, for example put an offset to trail name/ref.

Your theme won't work, value "osmc_color" (or "network" in my example), can't have 2 values at once. Sorry for misleading you.

popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Ok. We can try it.
Second case, I wonder if there is any solution for that one That would make maps even more readable and intuitive.
  •  

jusc

@popej,

how can I sho  an osmc:symbol: black:black:black_rectangle:H:white    Symbol on your map?
I get only a black rectangle, but now white "H"

http://waymarkedtrails.org/de/relation/2092679?zoom=14&lat=52.24198&lon=7.74206&hill=0#routes
Regards J.
  •  

popej

I have tunned my maps to standard Locus theme. I don't provide "osmc:symbol" but I split its value to 3 tags: osmc_color, osmc_foreground and osmc_background.

I could preserve entire osmc:symbol too, but it could be too complicated to analyze in theme. Or I could add more tags, like osmc_foreground2, osmc_text, osmc_textcolor.

What tags do you expect?
popej
  •  

jusc

You are right, it´s hard to say Normally it should look like on http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/help/rendering/osmc but a lot of ways don´t have filled all five tags from
osmc:symbol=waycolor:background:foreground:text:textcolor

The missing H:White (Text:white)  isn´t shown with original Locus maps and hike theme too.
So I don´t know what to do to get it work at the moment.
Regards J.
  •