Theme developing question

Started by jusc, May 11, 2014, 17:12:00

0n1y

hmm, is it possible to convert Oruxmaps themes to Locus? Tiramisu 2.0b and SimplyHike 0.98 are just wonderful.
  •  

Tobias

SimplyHike is made for mapsforge 0.3 which is compatible to Locus as it's the same basis. So converting it is easy - just delete all but one xml-file (the one you want to use) from the theme folder, as Locus only allows one xml per folder. If you want to use several xml files, copy the whole theme folder and rename it, and delete again all but one xml file.
Tiramisu 2.0 Beta is made for Oruxmaps Beta which uses mapsforge 0.4, and maybe Maki has used some stuff which Locus doesn't support. At least the tile resolution is 4 times as much, so it would look different. So you can try the same as for SimplyHike written above, and see how it works.
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

0n1y

done, both works excellent, thanks for the detailed explanation.
  •  

Wojtas82

Hi Locus Team, great job with a new Locus version. I can confirm "dy" fully working - no gaps! Thanks a lot.
  •  

Menion

perfect, glad to hear :).

Just to inform you ... I did so much updates and improvements to current implementation of MapsForge lib in Locus, that there are no plans to update for later 0.4+ version. If there will be in future any problem with compatibility of themes, feel free to open discussion on this topic. Usually, there is any solution ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Wojtas82

Hey. Just a quick question. Is there any way to set gap lengths between "symbol"  icons (not "lineSymbol")?" Dy would be nice as well. I'm trying to configure icons for bike routes. Thanks in advance.
  •  

voldapet

@Wojtas82
Sorry this is tricky part we didn't solve yet (at least as I can remember). OSM ways are cropped  in Mapsforge format into MetaTiles and we're not able to link the same way on two metatiles. For this reason is complicated to compute the "gap" along specific way.  Do you know if MapsForge 0.4v enables such rules?
  •  

Wojtas82

Quote from: voldapet on November 11, 2014, 15:26:07
@Wojtas82
Sorry this is tricky part we didn't solve yet (at least as I can remember). OSM ways are cropped  in Mapsforge format into MetaTiles and we're not able to link the same way on two metatiles. For this reason is complicated to compute the "gap" along specific way.  Do you know if MapsForge 0.4v enables such rules?

Hi
I think these are the attributes supported.
        <xs:complexType name="symbol">
                <xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="cat" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="priority" type="xs:integer" use="optional" default="0"/>
                <xs:attribute name="src" type="tns:src" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-scaling" type="tns:scaling" use="optional" default="default"/>
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-width" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-height" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-percent" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
    </xs:complexType>

I can't see dy here.
I would use "lineSymbol" but in Locus the icons keep rotating along ways.
That attribute "rotate" would probably solve this problem? Not sure...
        <xs:complexType name="lineSymbol">
                <xs:attribute name="cat" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="dy" type="xs:float" use="optional" default="0" />
                <xs:attribute name="src" type="tns:src" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-scaling" type="tns:scaling" use="optional" default="default"/>
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-width" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-height" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="symbol-percent" type="xs:positiveInteger" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="align-center" type="xs:boolean" use="optional" default="false" />
                <xs:attribute name="priority" type="xs:integer" use="optional" default="0"/>
                <xs:attribute name="repeat" type="xs:boolean" use="optional" default="false" />
                <xs:attribute name="repeat-gap" type="xs:float" use="optional" default="200" />
                <xs:attribute name="repeat-start" type="xs:float" use="optional" default="30" />
                <xs:attribute name="rotate" type="xs:boolean" use="optional" default="true" />
        </xs:complexType>

•  

Wojtas82

Hi,
I was wondering if that would be possible to eliminate this awful line join?
I know it's a cosmetic issue but maybe? :)

•  

voldapet

@Wojtas82

I'm sorry but this is more complicated for us and we aren't able to solve it at this moment. I can only suggest to try join "blue dotted" path into the one long way.

To your proposal about lineSymbol
Unfortunately locus does not support these parameters. But there is small improvement the "symbol" can contain new parametr symbol-width symbol-height. Interesting is also parametr for "line" curve="cubic"  that renders smooth lines. see http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:map_tools:vector_maps_theme_config
  •  

Wojtas82

@voldapet
Thanks for the info!
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: voldapet on November 20, 2014, 09:08:39
But there is small improvement the "symbol" can contain new parametr symbol-width symbol-height....see http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:map_tools:vector_maps_theme_config
This is just for Symbol, not lineSymbol? Am I correct?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

voldapet

Quote from: john_percy
This is just for Symbol, not lineSymbol? Am I correct?
Yes, only for Symbol
  •  

Wojtas82

•  

popej

I have cleaned a bit my scripts, that I use for adding marked trails to OSM data and published them on my site,
see file trails-for-locus.7z:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/locus-poland-osm

I hope someone could find them useful.
popej
  •