Theme developing question

Started by jusc, May 11, 2014, 17:12:00

popej

Maybe maps by andromaps don't include new ways, only new tags are added to existing ways? This would preserve highway tag but won't allow for multiple trails on a single way.

If Locus could reveal which tags are used for marked trails on their maps I could try to comply with this schema.
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Popej I'm not exactly sure but the thing is you can set the different widths for primary|tertiary etc and different for paths and tracks. It makes map more readable. I also noticed that some routes are not visible on your maps and it's not themes fault. For example if you have a part of a track with 2 lcn on it, only one is visible. But if you have rcn,lcn and for example nwn all 3 are rendered. It's probably some error that 2 routes of the same type are not saved in a map? I hope you know what I mean :)
  •  

popej

I don't analyze network type, when creating marked trails. There is no difference between 2 lcn and rcn + lcn. But are you sure that 2 overlapping lcn would be visible on map if they share the same pattern and maybe the same length of reference number?

I see other problem, I remove trails, which have no defined colour, if there is other trail on the same way. Maybe not a good simplification, but my goal was to get colour trails.

Could you point an example on map?
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Sure. This example shows 1 walking route with black colour and 2 lcn bike routes without colour.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/297743532
I think that erasing trails without colour isn't a good idea. Sometimes you may find routes without colours but marked in a specific way. The more routes the better. I use a neutral colour for routes without colour specification. These should also be visible on the map. My theme should include them ;)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: popej on October 09, 2014, 23:28:56
I don't analyze network type, when creating marked trails. There is no difference between 2 lcn and rcn + lcn.

So I wonder how this works:
My hiking theme shows a rwn (verified in JOSM). Are hiking ways (routes of a network) analyzed?

Regards J.
  •  

popej

Ok, in your example hiking trail with color suppress bicycle trails without color. I will add these trails without color, probably standard Locus style will display them with pattern depending on network.

@jusc: By "not analize" I mean that I copy tag "network" without checking its value. It is style, that finds network values and uses appropriate patterns for drawing.

Edit: I have updated my map of Poland, now without filtering trails. File for download is here:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/locus-poland-osm
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Popej, great job! And fast as usual :) Now it's all fine. I'm developing a new theme containing parts of andromaps and V-scale themes and of course my customization. It is focused on bicycle trails in Poland. It also contains hiking trials. I'm not exactly sure if I can post it, I don't want to make some people angry at me for coping their work (well, not 100% coping ;) Anyone developing andromaps is here? Jusc, are you ok with that? :)
  •  

jusc

Sure, no problem.  :)
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

Hi Guys,
only briefly: Locus maps are created in the same way as @popej maps. From every relation is created new way which has tags of parent Relation. Or better has only some tags from parent relation. For this reason the rule highway="..." can not work for marked trails
The second approach which @popej mentioned id to set tags from relation to children ways but it is needed to handle multiple name or ref attributes.

Locus cycle theme render cycle routes only based on lcn, rcn, tags. If relation does not contain network tag then is replaced by lcn tag.

•  

jusc

Can I make a wish for cyclists? I would like to have some more informations on Locus and CT maps.
I compared OpenAndromaps Poland with Locus and CT map with one theme. Maybe I did something wrong with Locus and CT map? Please have a look.
@popej,
do you plan a Germany map?

Regards J.
  •  

Wojtas82

I'm almost finished with my beta 1 version of a theme. The only thing I'm struggling with is when 2 different routes of a same type (i.e. lcn) belong to the same road, the path text are displayed on each other and very often they become unreadable. Actually there is a small workaround for it but only for 2 different relation (i.e. rcn and lcn on the same road can be displayed separately by using dx attribute). Is there any solution for this?

http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3976.msg30010#msg30010
Here's a link for testing. Colour coded BICYCLE routes are only shown on popej's map...I'm not sure why?
  •  

Wojtas82

Quote from: jusc on October 11, 2014, 12:27:06
Can I make a wish for cyclists? I would like to have some more informations on Locus and CT maps.
I compared OpenAndromaps Poland with Locus and CT map with one theme. Maybe I did something wrong with Locus and CT map? Please have a look.
@popej,
do you plan a Germany map?

Missing cycle route - it's because this map is old...probably from september and Ct is the latest (October)

Edit:
Are the mtb uphill arrows based on incline tag? If not they can be displayed randomly, not in the direction of incline bacause mtb uphill scale tag doesn't include a direction.
  •  

popej

Quote from: jusc on October 11, 2014, 12:27:06I compared OpenAndromaps Poland with Locus and CT map with one theme. Maybe I did something wrong with Locus and CT map? Please have a look.
You can look at my tag-mapping.xml, it is included in archive with map. There is no "mtb:scale:uphill". I don't process OSM data with tag-transform, so there are raw OSM names and values for tags like sac_scale.

Which style are you using?

I could make more maps but the main problem is that I'm not an active Locus user and it is difficult for me to maintain these maps properly. But I can compile Germany anyway.
popej
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 10, 2014, 22:14:27
Anyone developing andromaps is here?
It's OK for me as long as you stick to the license, it's contained in all xml files as well as here: http://www.openandromaps.org/en/legend/elevate-mountain-hike-theme#license (all other current openandromaps themes have this license as well as they are based now on Elevate)
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Wojtas82

Thanks  ;D
Popej, I found a bug inyour ap(probably some rendering issue).
Here's a link to a video showing this bug. Something is wrong withbackground, area is preety big, Its near Lodz.
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/68012870/file.html
  •