[APP] - version 2.19.X+ (updated 17.3.2014)

Started by Menion, February 14, 2014, 13:53:34

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on February 14, 2014, 13:53:34
3.3.2014 - Locus 2.19.1.1
- new Point screen! (replace previous waypoint dialog, geoaching screen, edit point screen)

I quickly tried new point screen.

- The position of BASIC INFO tab and ATTACHMENT tab are opposit, aren't they?
- 3-dot button > Edit > ATTACHMENT tab. In this case (+) button is not shown.

The preview of the point position is nice. I found that map moving, zooming, rotation works even there. :)
  •  

szebenyib

I can confirm what ta-ka stated, the basic tab should be on the left. And if you add a new point you may not attach anything because you only see a tick and an ex button.
  •  

Raddino

New UI didn't show all atributes, it shows only first 10 and rest is non-visible (for ex. cache Styx).
after updating cache info via gc api, it doesn't show favourite points.
It's wierd to have Edit option in Listing tab.
It will be nice to have option to show/hide small map above cache name.
Modify message

edit
And if i add new WP and than click on it on map, there's no button to show the related cache.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: ta-ka on March 03, 2014, 19:38:41The preview of the point position is nice. I found that map moving, zooming, rotation works even there. :)
....moving? i can only move the map(poi) to the left side,

edit
think its a unwanted side effect... ;)

Menion

nice bunch of reactions, thanks :)

@joeloc: it require longer response so I need a sleep-break on it. Shortly - I had it as you write. But list was then sooo long, there were many empty fields etc ... not so useful.

"Attachments on right side"
why you want them on right? Because this is what you expect? Start on left and go to right? Try to open cache window and you'll see why I placed it on left. Still think that it should be on right?

"Active map preview" - it's an issue, sorry. Map will be statis without ability to work with it.

@Radim: thanks, I'll check attributes and also add button to waypoints directly to parent cache. It make sense
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Menion

hey my new start screen :) how did you do this? Do you have any Locus folder in your device?

EDIT:

because you should see there (in case there is more then one Locus folder) this

•  

Raddino

It seems he's testing app on the pc, this could be the problem

Odesláno z mého Nexus 5 pomocí Tapatalk

•  

Menion

ah Gynta and his Virtual Machine. Good point, thanks.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: gynta on March 03, 2014, 20:32:07
....moving? i can only move the map(poi) to the left side,
You need two finger to move preview map. Anyway it's not so easy to move and not so useful.
Only map zooming might be useful to see around point.

Quote from: menion
"Active map preview" - it's an issue, sorry. Map will be statis without ability to work with it.
gynta was right  ;)

Quote from: menion
Ah, it was new design.  So, fine :)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2014, 21:04:57
ah Gynta and his Virtual Machine. Good point, thanks.
nono, also with smaptphone :)
delete the config.cfg  :P
i wanted to see what file Lous create as default now 8)

szebenyib

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2014, 20:38:22

why you want them on right? Because this is what you expect? Start on left and go to right? Try to open cache window and you'll see why I placed it on left. Still think that it should be on right?

Definitely, as every PC app starts with the leftmost tab, it is weird to see that you are on the right.
In my opinion it should be on the right (fully to the right) even in the cache screen. (I have not seen the layout before, it is coherent but still. And it feels like a bug that not the left one is active.)
  •  

gynta

balloni55

my first impressions of new testversion:
1. what do you think i want to do if i click on an attachement?? :-[ i want open it :D "view/remove window" is unnecessary, my suggestion longclick for remove.
2.while add a new POI the + button for attachement is missing, after storing and reopen this POI the + button is available.
3. the arrangement of "attachement, listing, waypoints,loggs......" will be an endless discussion, please make it configurable in configfile ;)
4. if i select a single wp in wp-list of an geocache and want to delete it, the whole cache is deleted :o, i have to open the wp and than i can delete it.

QuoteAn additional thought/wish from me:
"hint" is only visible if a hint exist, otherwise "hint" is invisible or grayed.
what do you think about?

edit
5. if "hold center methode" is enabled and you have satfix the smal preview map display the actuell position and not the POI position.
The same behavior "hold center map" disabled and you select with satfix and centered map a POI from points folder

edit2
6. update cache doesn´t work
7. fieldnote/log your visit/working......../black screen/ locus stopped
8. Big Geocache image can not scaled down that it fit to the device screen, example GC3W7BG
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Raddino: I'm unable to simulate issue with attributes and also missing favorite points. Are you updating over G4L and also caches stored in folder or some temporary?

@gynta: thanks for the video. I'm aware of this problem with multi-line texts. Unfortunately I use one small library for these lists, so I'll rather wait till author fix it, then waste of time on it by myself.

@balloni: nice list, thanks

1) I really hate long-clicks. You never know this possibility is there or not, so I do not want to use it. Anyway your point is clear, so I'll try to improve it in any way

2) hmm you're right. So button "Add attachment" also in this "edit" mode? Maybe yes

3) I'll really rather create some poll to check what most users think

4) current behaviour is exactly same as in old screen. Anyway I rewrote whole list of waypoints. Functionality remain same, it just looks more clear now, I hope ...

4 and 1/2) hint will be disabled if not exists, but buttons will be still visible. I prefer to see all but disabled (so you know where button is and you also know that something  (hint) is missing).

5) nice, thanks, fixed

6) what means "don't work"? For me it works nice. After tap on "Update cacheL in bottom menu (Geoaching4Locus), cache screen udpate itself and immediately show changes. What happen to you?

7) thanks, I know, fixed

8) you mean if you use "Offlinizer", so the one big image of tree do not fit to screen? I think it's a correct. Because imagine you should have there one big image and one small, then you will zoom in, to see that small one. And smaller images are more common then big I think
  •