[APP] - version 2.16.X+ (updated 25.10.2013)

Started by Menion, September 30, 2013, 20:14:27

Menion

25.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.11 - RC1 version

Main information
- complete new "File browser", so all places where you pick/select files (import/export mainly), should be tested.
- full dropbox support for import/export
- BRouter integration (offline while rest was online)

changes
- speed optimizations of tracks (mainly moving map with a lot of tracks)
- small improvements of navigation TTS
- fixed rotation of attached photos (to wpts)
- fixed few problems with merging navigation tracks
- fixed problems with start/end of charts
- a lot of small fixes (please don't want a list because it's quite a long :) )

18.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.9 - test version

changes
- fixed problems with GPX export (invalid URL), stop of track record in rare cases, some problems with dropbox integration
- update translations

16.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.8 - test version

Main information
- complete new "File browser", so all places where you pick/select files (import/export mainly), should be tested.
- full dropbox support for import/export
- BRouter integration (offline while rest was online)

changes
- mainly fixed reported problems

14.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.4 - test version

changes
- finally working dropbox import/export? ;)
- small improvements in dashboard - new icons, ability to display these icons, ability to display labels, new items - distance to GPS, temperature from sensor, battery level, battery temperature
- did I mentioned changes in settings? mainly settings for Guide notification
- small improvements in closing of locus, where you can choose to close locus and all running services or just minimize
- new three special appearance track styles - arrows
- small fixes and small improvements

11.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.3 - test version

changes
- added support to export directly to dropbox!
- changed settings for notifications (do you like it?) and separated settings for guide notification - too far from track & next point
- small GUI changes to united whole Locus
- removed need for restart of locus when adding/deleting personal/vector maps
- fixed problems with BRouter car mode
- fixed problems it "Items" tab of data manager
- fixed duplicate geocache waypoints in some cases
- fixed dropbox login
- uff and many other small fixes and small improvements

6.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.1 - test version

changes
- added BRouter as another source for track compute
- completely rewrote file picker (allow multi-file-selection, Dropbox support!, faster, cleaner)
- improved import methods (removed small dialog for source choose)
- added ability to define export directory during export
- added ability to import mutliple files at once (all has to be same type)
- added ability to import mutliple PocketQueries at once
- fixed problem with rare crashes of popup windows
- fixed problem with on-board calibration
- fixed missing "tools" button in "Items" tab of data manager

30.9.2013 - Locus 2.16.0

new version is slowly uploading to Google Play and other servers. Enjoy and don't be sad about changes you may don't like now. Everything is changing ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

druki

... and you and your team are doing a great job! Thanks for all your work!
  •  

michaelbechtold

I definitely like the "More" over the "Modules" approach - it is the way non-IT-users understand Apps (I personally can live with both easily). To walk this way further I propose (like some others) to drop the "Data" layer of menues - this again is a pure technical category (as you store these infos in databases).
In your philosophy of "More", the "Tracks" and "POI" (the own ones, not the new DBs) are simply two items they want to deal with. What do you think ?
TXs
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: and I have not lost hope to see the offline OSM POIs come back. What I saw in earlier Betas was definitely useful !
Cheers
Michael
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
thanks for new version :)
I do not know if it's a new problem
after loading GC-Vote with
data/POI/folder/tool/load GC vote
the stars are always displayed under the cacheicon, although i disabeled menue/geocaching/GC vote
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: michaelbechtold on October 01, 2013, 09:01:41
I definitely like the "More" over the "Modules" approach - it is the way non-IT-users understand Apps (I personally can live with both easily). To walk this way further I propose (like some others) to drop the "Data" layer of menues - this again is a pure technical category (as you store these infos in databases).
In your philosophy of "More", the "Tracks" and "POI" (the own ones, not the new DBs) are simply two items they want to deal with. What do you think ?
TXs
Michael

The way I could select own POIs, Tracks and elements with one button is OK for me. But sometimes I miss a button in POI details direct to corresponding category in POI-db or even better when I'm touching a POI sign in map screen I could select category or detail.

Btw. it could be very comfortable when details pop up without window between.  All functions could concentrate in one window.

Regards
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: michaelbechtold on October 01, 2013, 09:01:41
To walk this way further I propose (like some others) to drop the "Data" layer of menues - this again is a pure technical category (as you store these infos in databases).
I couldnt agree more. A GPS program that doesnt have Points and Tracks in the very first(!) UI layer is mostly useless to non-geeks.

Mummy: Where are my waypoints?

Me: Look here... your waypoints are hidden behind this funny icon that looks like a few pancakes and a floppy disk.

Mummy: What is a floppy disk?

Me: Something weird that was used twenty years ago, dont bother.

Mummy: But what does this floppy disk and those pancakes have to do with my waypoints?

Me: To be honest, I have no idea. The programmers seem to think that this is a bright idea and they stick with it since years. Internally, they store certain things in so called "databases" and this is probably what this icon represents.

Mummy: Can you give me another icon that actually looks like a waypoint and simply takes me to my waypoints?

Me: Sorry, not possible with this App.

Mummy: But isnt clicking on pancakes and fluppy desks a bit silly if I want waypoints?

Me: Yes.

Mummy: Can you install another app with icons that actually do what they say?

Me: Sure, just a second...

•  

aberfoyle

too funny  ;D

I also agree that data icon could go.
  •  

KaHeMu

Whether the icon is round or rectangle I have no preference. That's menions pigeon!

I think the actual icon is very good for different types of data and a good reference to former periods. It fulfills all the functions.

Regards
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

gynta

2 signs - also not up to date but you know what it means.

Bucky Kid

After some testing I don't find any bugs, this looks to be very good version, but I would very appreciate if quick POI categories could have their own icon assigned so that they appear in the map with real sign instead of generic "i" , that would enable instantly dentify the icon meaning without having to open waypoint details first (especially useful when two or more categories are shown)

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 4 now Free

•  

balloni55

i hope i do not missundersand you
Quotequick POI categories could have their own icon assigned so that they appear in the map with real sign instead of generic "i"
You can change the POIicon ore the foldericon by long click on the grey underlaid icon and select anotherone
Much more icons you can download
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/shop:item:category_icons:user_sergey_01
store this zip to
locus/icons
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: balloni55 on October 02, 2013, 09:06:57
You can change the POIicon ore the foldericon by long click on the grey underlaid icon and select anotherone
Oh I'm afraid I meant quick POIS, not regular POIs, those on picture. I try long press on it and there seems to be no editable properties available.

If somebody else finds this greatly expanding potential of mapitems, please vote+ here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/assign_a_custom_icon_to_individual_poi_groups_in_mapitems_folder
  •  

layio

When post new field note (offline) keyboard is auto opened. On older devices keyboard sometimes is killed by system, because of low ram, and when is re-open it tooks few seconds. Maybe Locus will be not focus on text field when post field note?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Yes, you did - I am well aware of the icons in a POI definition.
My point was to give POIs and Tracks individual, separate function on the uppermost level (which implies they get an icon other than th eold "Data")

Quote from: balloni55 on October 02, 2013, 09:06:57
Quotequick POI categories could have their own icon assigned so that they appear in the map with real sign instead of generic "i"
Much more icons you can download
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/shop:item:category_icons:user_sergey_01
store this zip to
locus/icons
  •