[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

balloni55

Hi menion
if i hide features it is not logical they are furthermore visible in configlist of the right panel

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

Hi,
just downloaded the latest version and the descriptions in the "more" menu are now being display correctly.
I still think that the old layout with the long descriptions was better for users new to locus, as they might not know what each button does, just from it´s name.
However, for me it´s fine the way it is ;-)
I also found another little bug, unless it´s meant to be that way:
When i open a Menu, for example "more" or "geocaching tools" and click onto the top part, where it says "geocaching tools", the buttons behind that layer are being clicked. So if i click at the top left the main menu will open, even though i can´t see the button for it.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Choice of UI theme is state of the art today - not the fancy stuff like BW or FW, just light and dark.
So it should not be a question of votes. If you count still: you have mine PRO UI theme choice.
Cheers
Michael

Quote from: menion on September 25, 2013, 10:12:37

complain about current theme: sorry, it was longly prepared change, that should make locus better working in a field. Dark theme should be work on another two weeks, so it will need quite a lot of votes :)

btw. RC version for test in first post
  •  

tommi

Quote from: michaelbechtold on September 25, 2013, 13:57:57
Choice of UI theme is state of the art today - not the fancy stuff like BW or FW, just light and dark.
So it should not be a question of votes. If you count still: you have mine PRO UI theme choice.
Cheers
Michael

Michael,
Please vote here if you didn't do yet:
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/support_amoled
Thanks
  •  

ta-ka

On Galaxy Tab 7 (Android 4.2.2, CM10.1),  main menu is properly shown as smartphone style in portrait and as tablet style in landscape, however, data manager and maps manager are shown as tablet style even in portrait as I reported at http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3374.msg23754#msg23754. Could you please fix that before new release?

P.S.
GPS/Compass view is now shown in full screen and altitude manager is also properly shown as same as export/parking/POI alert screen on Galaxy Tab 7.
The problem of force close by changing sort method of online maps has gone. Thank you very much. :)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Done

Quote from: tommi on September 25, 2013, 15:00:03
Quote from: michaelbechtold on September 25, 2013, 13:57:57
Cheers
Michael

Michael,
Please vote here if you didn't do yet:
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/support_amoled
Thanks
  •  

Menion

firstly thanks all for a valuable feedback!

@KaHeMu: please check next version. This seems to be some collision with default theme on your device, I hope it will be fixed now

@balloni: I started to rewrite this (visibility of hidden items) and almost in the end, I realized that I do not agree :). There is nice usability way, to add needed features into right panel and hide them in functions menu to make it shorter ... so hard to say ...

@eldron: we did quite a long testing in the field directly with users (even some that never saw locus before) and one of results was, that they really never read any hint, description etc. So all these descriptions seems to be quite useless. Big advantage of this menu, hope for everyone, is that buttons are bigger and it's much easier to touch them during some activity. Hope you and others will like it ;)

@ta-ka: Galaxy Tab 7 is always causing troubles. It's resolution is too low on it's size, so it fit to different style category. I'll try to fix it. And yes, GPS/Compass screen will be now full-screen as well as many others screen. I'm trying to reduce number of various screens-like-dialog screens, to make GUI more united.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

The new version of Map Manager on my phone only allows me to make the choice of sorting once unless I exit Map Manager and re-enter it. The "Sort by" button is inactive after tapping it once. On tablet simulator it is fine.
Similarly the new version of Map Manager does not have the settings button to select/deselect types of maps. It's there on the tablet simulator.
Old version: (note the settings button, top right)

New version: (can only select "Sort by" once; settings button missing)

And please don't tell me that's intentional behaviour!  ;)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

hmmm what rom are you using? try hardware menu button, isn't this settings hidden there?
  •  

jusc

Just a quick question. Wasn't it not possible to configure the right bar with the movement of the center cross to 25 % down? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it anymore.
Ahh just found it. It's in quick change....
So it's solved. :-[
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

Quotethe movement of the center cross to 25 % down
is that feature depending to an newer Androidversion than mine? I see no changed mapcenter  in pro and testversion :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

don't understand ... this feature has not changed since last version. It's available in settings or quick switch and you have to has enabled map rotation to make it work ...
  •  

balloni55

Quoteenabled map rotation to make it work
that´s it, thank you and sorry, it works fine :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on September 25, 2013, 20:01:00
hmmm what rom are you using? try hardware menu button, isn't this settings hidden there?
Of course. I hadn't even remotely thought of trying that!!!! Anything else hidden away like that? Or should I read the manual?
That still leaves the one-hit "Sort by" button, though. My Android ROM is 2.3.5
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •