[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

Bucky Kid

Quote from: menion on September 04, 2013, 12:57:05
21.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.4

changes to 2.15.4
- big GUI rewrite
- fixed MapQuest routing
- many small bug-fixes
Hi menion, I have several suggestions:
1) could you please yet a bit increase the upper level for maps shading to 17?
2) Could you change the selection color in dialogs from pink to something other? ;)
3) Bug: FC when switching in maps manager sorting from alphabetic to smart selection.
4) Maps rendering (no shading) and opening dialogs seems something slower than in 2.15.1, but maybe it's only feeling
The problem with not loading tiles on raster maps seems to be fixed.
Thanks for fixing the unwanted zoom bug
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Bucky Kid2) Could you change the selection color in dialogs from pink to something other?
Hehe Menion, I told you..

Bob Denny

•  

Menion

from all changes, you all are stuck on semi-transparent red highlight ... funny :)

Orange is better?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi,

In 2.15.1.4 filtering in POI manager don't work.

KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

eldron

I have just had a brief look at the latest test Version and i think that the old way the "more" menu was designed worked better.
I think that especially for new users the missing long descriptions will be a problem. There is also no line break when the description is too long to fit into one line and it just gets abbreviated with "...." . So again new users won´t really know what the function does, as the Picture is not always self-explanatory.
I am using the German version and quite a few of the descriptions make no sense as essential parts of the text are missing.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on September 23, 2013, 21:50:45
from all changes, you all are stuck on semi-transparent red highlight ... funny :)

Orange is better?
It's the silly little things that don't matter that do matter the most. The overall user "feel-good" experience is what has made Apple's fortune.  :)
Yes, orange is better for the map that is visible! But, equally importantly, please use colour consistently. In Main menu | More | Functions, blue is Visible, pink is Hidden. In Quick map switch and in Maps, pink indicates the map that is visible, and blue is an active highlight.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Robin99

New GUI is tooooo white for me and my amoled display. I prefer dark theme in programs. Is there a possibility to change it??
I think the new menus looks worse than previous (up-right corner on the picture). Now there are no icons and menu is not transparent. I think there is no need to increase size of main screen buttons and menus.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: Robin99 on September 24, 2013, 12:47:13
New GUI is tooooo white for me and my amoled display. I prefer dark theme in programs. Is there a possibility to change it??
Hi Robin, I fully agree with you that we should get a dark theme.(And no, currently there is no possibility to change it (except for Menion ;-) ).
Please vote here:
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/support_amoled
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  so most problems should be solved now

as I know, remain

complain about current theme: sorry, it was longly prepared change, that should make locus better working in a field. Dark theme should be work on another two weeks, so it will need quite a lot of votes :)

btw. RC version for test in first post
  •  

drmikey

Anyone else getting force close on "theme of the maps" for vector maps on version 2.15.1.8?
  •  

Menion

hi, you just tap in menu > settings > map -advanced > theme of the maps and locus "force close" itself? What android version you use please?

EDIT: ah got it porbably, seems to be a problem only on 2.x devices
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,

thank you for fixing issue with filter in POI manager.
But there's another strange thing with POI manager (only at tablet) I saw this morning:
The texts in menu are white in landscape mode and dark grey in portrait mode. Dark grey isn't readable!

Regards,
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

sure, you're welcome.

may you please post a screenshot of these dark texts? Thanks
  •  

KaHeMu

Picture with dark menu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
  •