Vmap

Started by bianchifan, August 27, 2013, 14:44:58

bianchifan

Some weeks ago while thinking on a map style of may own ( I used Openandromaps but I didn't like it's colours :( ) a friendly guy pointed me to locus for the possibility of using svgs in mapthemes.
I found V-scale, had a closer look at it and started..while getting more and more familiar to Freizeitkarte at the same time.

So I tried to create a theme/style that works with all maps, Locus, Openandro, Sebbos, mapsforge itsself and last but not least Freizeitkarte, too.
OT on
From my point of view, Freizeitkarte walks on a completely wrong way. But it's still 1st choice for bicyle way's.
OT off

The main templates for my theme/style were the openandro themes, so I copied the non physical routes nearly 1:1.
Declared aim was the best possible visiability of ways on and off the roads under certain circumstances on standard android devices (not high end).

light, MTBSKI, HC

pistes within MTBSKI

bicycle ways supported by Freizeitkarte

Vmap for Locus
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bearkvarc

jusc

Hi,
sounds interesting. Can you please add a screenshot?
So users can see what they will get.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

I had a look to your theme VMap wit the Freizeitkarte. Is it correct that some Icons are so big, at least on a Galaxy Note2.
Regards J.
  •  

bianchifan

Quote from: jusc on August 27, 2013, 15:12:05
Can you please add a screenshot?
So users can see what they will get.
????
Aren't there ..1,2,3..4,5..?

BIg Icons? Some should be very big, like shelters for example.
Galaxy Note I do not know, hmm..
As written in the header text, developed with Genymotion and tested with Defy.
The symbols are much smaller there.
I remember that sizes differed between some Android Version, esp. pngs between Locus and Orux, so I minimized some pngs.
But those like in your pic are svgs, so the scalar function may vary quite extremly.
I also remember great differences between Orux and Locus on scaling dash arrays.

Edit..
Ok, it seems I've took the wrong DPI parms in my emulation windows :(
but I never testet in Münster for I don't need any GPS there.. ;)

Genymotion's Defy Emu, Defy with Locus, Defy with Orux

Somewhere in future I'll try to change..
but please keep in mind..for best results (incl. rendering time) you will need a special theme for every map and every app and nearly every zoomlevel

•  

jusc

Yes I see, and you can do it as you want.  ;D
Somtimes it´s better for oriantation to have bigger icons.

Are you a triathlete, because of the big swimmer?
And yes I use Locus and cyclemaps with cycle themes in cyties too, because I can see the cycle routes etc.
Regards J.
  •