Offline POI database

Started by Menion, July 22, 2013, 22:02:41

abakan

Please add Estonia and Saint-Petersburg (Russia).
  •  

prawns

Has this feature been released into the latest "pro" version yet?

If so, is it possible to add "Australia" to the POI list as well?  Most of my Locus useage is out in the middle of nowhere (no phone reception/internet available) it would be handy to have more POI that I can use when Im bushwalking or offroad 4x4ing in outback australia.

If the whole of Australia is too big a file - my state of New South Wales (NSW) would do the trick :)

Menion

guys, unfortunately we have currently little bit different priorities - new Locus store. We do not have working place for distribution of such POI databases, so when this will be done (Store), we will start work on this feature, to make it faster, easier to use and mainly for the whole world.

And druki: problem with accomodation is in incorrectly generated database, it's already fixed in code, thank you anyway.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

vkap

Would you please generate POI file for Russia? (And closer to August - Italy,  if possible) Thanks :-)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  unfortunately it's not simply possible now, because library that generate these files is currently not working :). Anyway April should be by our plan, month of Offline POI, so ...
  •  

vkap

Ok, good to hear that, menion ))
  •  

szebenyib

I hear  expressions like year of health, cancer, nature, statistics, etc. quite often. Now month of offline Poi :-D :-D
Joke aside, good to hear that :-)
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on February 12, 2014, 10:33:31
Hi,
  unfortunately it's not simply possible now, because library that generate these files is currently not working :). Anyway April should be by our plan, month of Offline POI, so ...

:'(:'( That's a pity! At this time I will be hiking in Italy from south to north for about 6-8 weeks. Maybe particular database could come to late. :'(:'(
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

silber1

I hope it is not April 1  ;)
  •  

Christian

Hi guys,
after month this is my second try to run the offline POI db, but it doesn't work :(
Using 2.19.0 Pro, no testing version.
I downloaded germany.map from mapsforge, downloaded the germany.poi.db.zip (unzipped also) and put them together in external storage. Maps is loaded but the poi.db not. What i have to do?

Found this:
Quote from: menion on July 24, 2013, 10:14:38
... then go into Locus > menu > more > Points of interest and check if you may see Norway POI's (important here is to download missing library - it's just one time event but without this, DB will not work).
Which lbrary?

Thanx for any hints,
Christian
  •  

Menion

Christian,
  this feature is really just in a BETA version. I worked on it in Q3/2013, but till then I had no time to improve it. Currently you need a testing version. It won't work with official public versions. One note - please leave it for now if you have troubles with it. I'm sure, you will notice information about available new version of this feature.
  •  

Christian

Ahhh, only in testing version. Thanx menion for your quick reply. I will wait for the next versions.
  •  

fzk

I'm interested in the subject "Offline POIs" in order to generate POI collections by myself (for the Freizeitkarte maps). Is there a technical specification concerning the collection format available or planned?

Klaus
  •  

Menion

No, no specification now. In current system was major problem with speed when number of points increased a lot (for example database for a whole germany). So there is definitely need for some changes in structure.

We also plan (and want) to merge points database and address database, so they will be in same file. Unfortunately addresses in OSM data are little bit - complicated and do not yet invested enought time to this, to make them work.
  •  

Christian

LOL
it works.
Thanx to gynta for the hint and thanx to menion for the bug
;)

edit
Hi guys,
a quick question. There is a spring in the OSM map and a spring in poi.db. see screenshot.

That means the poi.db neither the map is complete, isn't it?
  •