Offline POI database

Started by Menion, July 22, 2013, 22:02:41

silber1

Thanks, I got it!! Just need some restaursnts on ahiking tour.
  •  

silber1

It worked for some days, now I am in danmark and have the danmark poi db losded. But I can no more find "modify panel points of interest" ?
I would like to evaluate poi i bit more.
Is there a chance to do it?
  •  

Menion

this feature is available only in testing version of locus, not in public version available from Google Play. So which version are you using?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

2.14.1 pro.
Can I get an evaluatin copy for poi?
  •  

Menion

sorry, but currently not. If you don't have some previous testing version, you have to wait till new testing version appear here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3292

I currently have not version ready for publishing. It contains some features that are still buggy, but I hope I'll release new test version within next days
  •  

silber1

Thanks, eill look forward fot new test release.
  •  

chrabros

Hi Menion,
just another thought about this.
Do you keep the OSM id in the POI database?
If yes, then you possibly might add a direct internet link to http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1599120629
and this would be a way how to display more info about the POI.

Dalibor
  •  

druki

Back home again from holiday in bavarian areas with suboptimal mobile network access. I was happy to have a backup of Locus testing version 2.13.1.7 which let me look in Offline-POIs for tourism attractions, supermarkets and public toilets for my family ;-)  So thank you for this great comming feature, I can't wait to get the official version.
  •  

druki

What is the best way to temporarily disable display of Offline POI?
- select an other DB (from an other country as the currently selected Vectormap)
- quit locus and rename the DB used for currently selected Vectormap
- add an entry to the DB selector "No Offline POI database"-> Menion? ;-)
  •  

Menion

:) I'm glad you like

there will be some delay in publishing this version. Currently some other tasks with higher priority appear and this task was moved on second row.

Best way to disable ... hmm currently no easy solution. Best is probably as you wrote. You just do not need to select different map. Just quit locus and rename DB file
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Please add USA - Yellowstone.
I have problems with downloading the databases. I get the message: currently unavailable.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

ng

Menion, thank You for this great app!
It would be great if You could create POI database for Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,

is there the possibility to create POI-db of Italy?

These days I tested working with POIs and I'm very happy with it.  Now I have to prepare a hiking trip in Italy and Italy-POIs could help to find accommodations and others.

Thanks in advance
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

I am very happy with the POI database. Very helpful. Please add more countries. 
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •