Resuming Maps download

Started by Siebes, August 23, 2011, 18:59:02

Siebes

I am downloading a map via the "Select Area" option and I got a message indicating that my I exceeded my download amount for the day and to resume the next day.  The next day I went back to the Download tab and there is now a "Continue" option, but when I click that option it starts downloading from the first record instead of resuming my previous download.

I'm downloading a large map so I won't be able to get the whole map since I keep exceeding my quota for the day and I can't correctly resume my download.  Is there another way to properly resume my download from the previous location?

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Hmm maybe this is correct. Did you noticed how fast locus downloads first (already downloaded map part)? It should be very fast because when you press continue I start from begin but I check all already downloaded tiles and do not download them again. You may simply check it if it will download even after limit, till next day limit is reached.

there also should be small problem with time i see, because daily counter is probably reset at 0 o'clock but UTC, so at midnight in England (not sure, have to check :) )
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Siebes

Ok, thanks.  It did download quickly when I restarted.  A bit confusing, but I understand the logic you are using.  I ended up hitting the Android 2GB limit the next night, but at least I didn't hit the download limit again.
  •  

Menion

fine good to hear that all works ..
  •  

ColoradoGeoHound

Starting over each time you press continue does not re-download all the titles but it can make completing a download difficult.

If I choose to download around POIs using a high magnification, Locus will mis-caclulate the number of tiles.  For example in might tell me I need to download 200,000 tiles for 500 caches.  It fact it will only download 500-1000 tiles but it goes through the entire 200,000 titles to determine which ones to download.

This makes the download very time consuming and if the screen turns off, the download ends and when I hit continue hr next time, it starts right back at 200,000 titles to check.
  •  

Menion

first part is correct. Tiles to download are displayed only as number of tiles for whole area. It think that even with every tile check, download is fast enough.

second part is worst - downloading really ends for you if you turn screen off? Damn, if so, that this is surely mistake that have to be fixed ...
  •