Tile/area problem with offline maps

Started by Marc3865, August 13, 2011, 16:45:11

Marc3865

I have tried to download zones for off line use, even with limited area or zom, but I always get a different and limited zone when looking off line. What is the way to download a zone with the corresponding zoom (for example from 4 to 13) that gives what was selected before (example city center), because the result is alwaysa portion of the selected area ( locus indicates empty square without data)
Thank you for the advices.
Marc.
  •  

Menion

don't exactly understand. Which map you're trying to download? White places instead of downloaded tiles looks like problem with serving tiles from server, so some server protection mechanism ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Marc3865

When i select a zone before downloading the map (mapquest classic) i'm attempting to get the selected area offline with all zooms selected. However in offline mode i cannot display all zooms because only little parts are accessible : probably because of rectangles selection linked to the zooms but when selecting a zone with locus (green area) it sems that we will get exactly the corresponding area under the zoom choosen,but i never got the dowloaded zone forall zooms.
  •  

Menion

hmm, zone for all zooms? You have to check which zooms you want to download. When you select area and press green OK, you'll then see screen with map on right and checkboxes on left. So check checkboxes on left side to select which zoom to download ... some description is here if this helps you http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=154
  •  

oymol

Hi I saw yesterday something similar with offline maps ...

Downloading MapQuest/Classic to offline:
* I selected Denmark in a zoom position where I could see entire denmark.
* Selected the zoom levels I wanted (I think 8 to 12)
* Started download

The result:
I got the download, but each zoom level seems to have a position offset, so in zoom level 8 I see Denmark, but in zoom level 12 I now have the off-line maps for the sea between Denmark and UK ...

Maybe I did something wrong? - else I hope this bug report will help you finding this issue.

Thanks
Carsten
  •  

Menion

hello. I just tried download same map as you and without any problem. May you try one more map? To be true, I have no idea where should be mistake (if there is any)
  •  

oymol

Sorry - I tried yesterday twice and saw a problem, but have now tried three times with different maps and select methods.
Its working perfect!
I used the area select method, maybe after selecting area I panned the map away before downloading!?!?!?
  •  

Menion

hmm, everything is possible and when this happen, then there is surely any problem. When you discover how this exactly happen (and how to achieve to happen this everytime), let me surely know
  •  

Marc3865

Hello, I tried again to make some examples, and there is always some offset or gap between zooms. For example : if I dowload a zone with 2 or 3 zooms only, the lowest zoom (ex. 8) seems to be displayed correctly, but the highest zoom (ex. 9 or 10) do not show the same area, and we get grey rectangles with error message inside them because there is no internet connection (for the test I always disconnect the internet connection after the download).
I also did the test with Denmark ans Norway for my holidays this summer. But I did also for my region in France near Grenoble, but same results.
Another test is more strange, because I only selected one zoom, and the offile cached data does not correspond exactly to what I have selected before.
Sorry for what I'm writting now, but I did the test with Google Maps app and when we select a zone (limitation to 16 kms from the point selected), then we get offline exactly what was selected (a dark rectangle is showing the border).
So any clue to help for the downloading method with Locus ?
Thanks.
Marc.
  •