Geocaching - Field Notes

Started by wvb, August 12, 2011, 14:40:24

Menion

hi, no it's not possible. But when you import original PQ file, your log (if you have already found it) will be last (sixth) log under geocache log tab ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "menion"glad you like it. Why this is anyway hard to upload? You just upload whole file and then delete all field notes in Locus. Thanks to this, you'll have all field notes on web. So for what should be useful to export only part of them?

well I like to keep my data with me all the time so I never delete Field Notes in an app I use for Geocaching :)
I'm currently still using 2 apps but am finding myself leaning more and more towards Locus because it has such amazing mapping stuff and options :)
the other app has all Field Notes in a sqlite db and allows me to select which to export to a file

at this point in Locus I have to upload my file with all Field Notes in it (for example 10) while I only need to log the last one
in a while this file will become bigger and bigger

keeping all data local is very important to me..
so this feature will be usefull to me :)

I don't know if the feature I requested is a lot of work or hard to do though..
perhaps in the Field Notes screen - menu button - export - and then checkboxes appear before the items..
just an idea..
  •  

Menion

should be for you solution, to directly upload field notes data to server or in this case, you'll still want to be able to upload only part of these FN? Hmm I'm not sure if anyone except you, find this useful
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"should be for you solution, to directly upload field notes data to server or in this case, you'll still want to be able to upload only part of these FN? Hmm I'm not sure if anyone except you, find this useful
Having the last log my own is enough for me.. I know I wouldn't want to manually pick X number of logs from a database to upload, unless it was fairly automatic.
  •  

ViKoCZ

wvb made a point - this is exactly the functionality i'm looking for and was about to suggest here

1) have a list of all field notes accessible from menu (done)
2) have an option to export field notes with FROM and TO parameters (default data and time of last export for FROM field and current date time for TO field); this would create text file to be imported in gc.com. an option to send it via email would be great also. it can be integrated to your upcomming functionality - to have a menu "export to: 1) storage, 2) email, 3) online gc.com".
3) from list of field notes i'd appreciate to be able to edit current field note or open cache itself
4) when you create fieldnote, you're able to change time. but this time is for log only, it's not changing time in default value in text itself (macro)

thanks for considering the above :-)
  •