[APP] - version 4.26.+ ( 9/2024 )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2024, 15:48:41

Menion

@Graf Geo
3 lines in the top panel of point & track > thanks, we will be looking at it.

@Diddi
last 100 logs > hmm, I'm writing it to "ideas for later".

@Agus
alternative routes > thanks, good point. I have more ideas in my head, so this is something that will be updated soon.

@arnor
may you please write to me your user ID? (visible in the app > About app > App info > User ID, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

Menion

Version 4.26.2 was just published.

Do not know why, but the validation from Google now takes about 2 days (compared to an hour before)  :-[. Anyway, the version is on Google Drive if anyone is interested. Btw. the only "not fixed" issue I'm aware of should be three lines in the title of the point/track screen, that cause problems.

Pcmann

On Google Drive, I can only see the MapGooglePlay variant Afa_4.26.1.1_1145_beta, added 10/4/2024 asamm_software
  •  

Menion

It is a release bug-fix, so check "LM 4 Release download".
  •  

TrulloF

I noticed, that the "lineSymbol" tag in themes doesn't work anymore for "cliff" lines as it used to. Only simple lines or dasharrays are drawn. The internal hiking theme is also affected so you can easily check.
Below screenshots show v3 and v4 LoMaps with internal hiking theme in latest v46 for comparison.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Regards search in functions & settings: as mentioned previously, main menu > All features > Search: "backup" - does not show any result?! It's not intuitive in my opinion that "Backup manager" is found from Settings. Backup manager is as much (more) a function, than a "setting".
You cannot view this attachment.
How about any search shows all results from both "functions" & "settings" in one list?
LM4.26.2 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

TrulloF

Another issue with line rendering. If you set a dy value in a stroke-dasharray there are lots of display errors. If you don't set a dy value, then the array is much better aligned. Please see the example in the screenshots.
  •  

Menion

@TrulloF
- missing clifs and some other line symbols > it is starting to be complicated. Anyway will be fixed, thanks.
- problem with dy offset > it is important to me, if this started to happen now with the latest version or not. Do you know?

@Andrew Heard
- impossible to do, sorry. Both lists are based on completely different technology and it is now hard to merge them. Anyway, have you tried the online base search (in latest app version) and here write "backup"? :)

TrulloF

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2024, 13:27:10@TrulloF
- missing clifs and some other line symbols > it is starting to be complicated. Anyway will be fixed, thanks.
- problem with dy offset > it is important to me, if this started to happen now with the latest version or not. Do you know?

No, it's a long standing issue present since pre LM4 😊.

@Andrew Heard
- impossible to do, sorry. Both lists are based on completely different technology and it is now hard to merge them. Anyway, have you tried the online base search (in latest app version) and here write "backup"? :)
  •  

TrulloF

Straight lines are less problematic and it doesn't matter if you use curve="cubic" or not for the lines. Problem remains the same.

The missing line symbols for cliffs are a rather new phenomenon I think.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2024, 13:27:10have you tried the online base search (in latest app version) and here write "backup"? :)
@Menion - V4.26.2 - online base search? no haven't tried & not sure what it is. My list has online, offline adr, offline place, locale, contact, pts, tracks, wiki, w3w, geo. Nothing sounds like "base". Maybe you mean online place search? I can't see why that would return settings or functions. I tried anyway with "backup", but nothing relevant. Sorry if dumb question.
  •  

Menion

@TrulloF
yes, missing cliffs, one-way symbols, and some others are new - a side effect of text rotation. This will be fixed in the next version.

@Andrew Heard
I'll have to rename the first search option to something different as it stops being "only" online search. Definitely not a dummy question ... check the screenshot, please. You may see our attempt to integrate multiple search systems into one.

Tapio

Bug. Main menu - All Features - Search (enter at least one letter): you cannot exit the window.

Search integration: oh yes, I'd love to have it use eg my offline Geonames. And please consider priority search, like "first check offline sources, then online", maybe user can decide what sources to include... etc etc time will tell
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2024, 23:59:36I'll have to rename the first search option to something different as it stops being "only" online search.
@Menion whoa ;-) yep, completely missed the Settings button at the top of the results

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2024, 23:59:36check the screenshot, please. You may see our attempt to integrate multiple search systems into one.
very interesting; agree with Tapio; will this be a 1-stop-shop instead of all the search types (online, offline adr, offline place, locale, contact...)?

At present the device needs to be online to search for offline settings/ features. Are you considering being able to adaptively search for offline, when device is offline?
  •  

Tapio

I'm wondering about LMs (long-term) offline behaviour regarding license. I have some bad experience with a Playstore app, where the developers fate is unknown (unresponsive) - the app does not start in case of no contact with his license servers. Something you're not aware of normally. Some users even have paid eur 100  for it (dgt board connection). Acid Ape Chess.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest