Adding POI in planning mode add generic stops, not named ones

Started by Manuel, September 01, 2024, 00:05:55

Manuel

Hi,

when long-pressing a POI on the map, e.g. monuments, sights, etc. in the route planner a menu is shown where the name of the POI is shown and three buttons to add this POI to the route. 
But instead of adding a named waypoint to the route, the planner just adds an anonymous waypoint. In order to have navigation announce it properly, I then have to manually rename the waypoint.
IMO the route planner should use the name for the POI.
  •  

Tapio

I agree. Plus: it should also be possible to use Lopoints this way. I only need to short click btw.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Graf Geo

When I activate LoPoints, a simple short click on the POI is enough to add it to the route. And it is also given the corresponding name.

With the normal POIs, the address is adopted if you have the corresponding LoMap with address database installed. The name of the POI is actually not, but that's what LoPoints are for. So I don't see such a great need.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Hmmm strange, you're right, maybe an input problem in my prior testing.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Manuel

Quote from: Graf Geo on September 01, 2024, 10:48:48With the normal POIs, the address is adopted if you have the corresponding LoMap with address database installed. The name of the POI is actually not, but that's what LoPoints are for. So I don't see such a great need.
I disagree that there is no "great" need. This might be the case for you, but not for everyone. There is definitely a need for me and there is also zero drawbacks to this functionality. There will be no one who pressed on a POI then adds it to a route and not wanting the name. And these people could just clear the name afterwards. Much easier than vice versa.     
LM knows the name of the POI, it shows it. There is simply no reason not to use it if you add it to the route. Depending on the maps used the POI might also not be in the LoPoints. 

That said, I don't use LoMaps. I also never used LoPoints. I enabled them now (awful interface for selection, BTW) and it works fine. That doesn't change my opinion that the name should be transferred to the route marker.
  •