Strange display on the map when searching for LoPoints

Started by Graf Geo, August 30, 2024, 11:07:13

Graf Geo

I don't know if this behaviour has been reported before:

When I search for a LoPoint category (e.g. supermarket), the results are displayed on the map as icons (screenshot 1).

If I zoom a little further into the map, more and more LoPoints of other categories are displayed as red square icons: Peaks, churches, other... (screenshots 2 and 3).

(I have set the red icon as the default point icon in the Expert Settings under Points).

Of course you can live with this, the LoPoints you are looking for can be easily distinguished visually from the red icons, but it would make more sense to display only the LoPoints you are looking for.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

Tapio

Yes, I have reported it some time ago, it makes no sense displaying categories the user did not ask for.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Red icons ... well, it is a bug solved in the recent Beta version, so give it a try, please.

Anyway other categories ... required category is highlighted, others remain visible as usual. Design decision we are probably ok with. What you may want here, is to specify which categories should be visible and which not. We are currently completely reworking the offline LoPoints system, so together with this change, the selection of categories is something I dream about, so who knows next year ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download