Locus Maps Web app and route colour scheme

Started by GusGF, August 25, 2024, 20:05:19

GusGF

Does anyone have any idea how you would change the route colours in the app. I'm partially colour blind so certain colours don't jump out at me and the default colour seems to blend in with the other map data, please take a look at the attachment and maybe you will see what I mean. Thanks
Using Locus 4
  •  

Graf Geo

No, unfortunately that's not possible. I also don't think the colours are well chosen and the map or planning is confusing as a result.

I therefore prefer to plan on the PC with brouter web (https://brouter.de/brouter-web), even if I can only export my routes and not synchronise them.

However, I usually plan with the route planner in the app, which I really like.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: GusGF

Andrew Heard

It doesn't help directly as the question is for the (online) Web Planner, but using Android LM4 you can choose/ experiment with a 3rd party mapping theme. If you are adventurous you have full control over the color of everything on the map. But the learning curve is huge & outside scope of this topic.
LM4.25.1.9.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

GusGF

Quote from: Graf Geo on August 25, 2024, 22:31:44No, unfortunately that's not possible. I also don't think the colours are well chosen and the map or planning is confusing as a result.

I therefore prefer to plan on the PC with brouter web (https://brouter.de/brouter-web), even if I can only export my routes and not synchronise them.

However, I usually plan with the route planner in the app, which I really like.

Who manages the online web planner? Can we get them to change it, surely it's not rocket science!
Using Locus 4
  •  

Menion

Hello GusGF,
we've already spent quite a lot of time on the hunt for ideal track/route colors and have not been successful so far. Current colors should be united with the app and should offer the best compromise in visibility for various map types.

An even better solution should be to offer simple user-defined route coloring. Why this is not yet there? Do not ask me. Things on the web move too slowly... (sorry)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

GusGF

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 26, 2024, 00:23:37It doesn't help directly as the question is for the (online) Web Planner, but using Android LM4 you can choose/ experiment with a 3rd party mapping theme. If you are adventurous you have full control over the color of everything on the map. But the learning curve is huge & outside scope of this topic.

Thank you. Just not enough time in the day and I sleep too much :)
Using Locus 4
  •