[APP] - version 4.25.+ ( 8/2024 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2024, 12:08:50

balloni55

V 4.25.1.1
QuoteOmg, you are correct, I've not noticed it  :-X

At least Beta version on the Google Drive, sorry.
confirm solved :D
Locus Map 4.25.1.5 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Die Batzen

Quote from: flyingman_ch on August 09, 2024, 17:43:37I use the 'Calculate' button for almost every cache (Multi, Mystery). Now it has been banished to the depths of the menu structure.  >:(
Same with me.
I use the Cache Solver add-on regularly, the Share button almost never.
I would appreciate to have the Calculate button back to the bottom menu.
  •  

Andrew Heard

20 years since OSM begun - we have these far sighted people to thank very much - https://blog.systemed.net/post/18.
LM4.25.1.3.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Andrew Heard

Today for the 1st time (I can recall in 14 years) LM<N> crashed while track recording - after only 230 metres, but I only realized when I went to save the track 30 minutes later ;-( When I turned on the screen, the Android home screen was displayed; when I tapped LM4.25.1 it started as normal & showed the unsaved track recording panel. I haven't used the Audio Coach before so I had an idea of a single reassuring "I'm still alive" beep every now & then. I set the Audio Coach time to 3:00 but unfortunately the statistics are all long, verbose & somewhat inaudible when running (phone in bag). A further "statistic", like with some notifications eg. "GPS Acquired" with option of beep or "select sound", where I can select a short optimized high volume resonant frequency beep would be perfect. Worth a help desk suggestion, or other ideas? It's annoying when data is lost. Thanks.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 15, 2024, 06:55:02or other ideas? It's annoying when data is lost. Thanks.
Exactly the same happened to me... and same ideas years ago. I went for Tasker, check Status of LM via Tasker plugin and beep.

But now as you mention it, I'm not sure if my task worked the last times haha, need to check my infrastructure...

However... core action is "Beep" and "Request sensors and stats", you need %is_track_rec_recording" and check if it matches true.

But an "Alive beep" is a good thing, for the serious LM user, pls suggest it! A beep would not necessarily make aware of LM failure, but also Android. In my case the recording stopped because of an Android hard restart. Yes, should be added to the trainer. "isRunning" and "isRecording" beep.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Cyklo Miro

I don't know since when, but the green dot does not flash in the red circle when the route recording is started. There is still a white dot as if recording is not in progress. But the recording proceeds normally
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Cyklo Miro on August 15, 2024, 14:50:56I don't know since when, but the green dot does not flash in the red circle when the route recording is started. There is still a white dot as if recording is not in progress. But the recording proceeds normally
[/quote
Quote from: Cyklo Miro on August 15, 2024, 14:50:56I don't know since when, but the green dot does not flash in the red circle when the route recording is started. There is still a white dot as if recording is not in progress. But the recording proceeds normally
Luckily, nothing is blinking. Blinking is distracting.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Cyklo Miro

Quote from: freischneider on August 15, 2024, 16:06:18
QuoteLuckily, nothing is blinking. Blinking is distracting.

Maybe for you. All the time I've been using the LM4, a quick glance at the screen and the flashing green tell me the recording is in progress
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on August 15, 2024, 07:41:35But now as you mention it, I'm not sure if my task worked the last times haha
@Tapio - maybe a 2nd tasker profile to monitor the 1st? double-ha-ha (emoji for that?) - could you share your Tasker profile anyway, please? Good to learn from the masters. To be honest I still have your other one LM4RndPoints_DataIntent.tsk to understand yet - I'm getting slower & s.l.o.w.e.r...

BTW - my use case - screen is virtually never turned on - glancing at the screen for any evidence of heartbeat/ recording is not a useful option while running & phone is inside a bag. However if I don't hear a beep every "now&then" then I may A) try to listen harder B) few minutes later turn on screen.

I suggest any further comments are via the Help desk suggestion.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Cyklo Miro on August 15, 2024, 21:03:00
Quote from: freischneider on August 15, 2024, 16:06:18
QuoteLuckily, nothing is blinking. Blinking is distracting.

Maybe for you. All the time I've been using the LM4, a quick glance at the screen and the flashing green tell me the recording is in progress
If a red dot is visible, the recording is running. If the recording is not running, a green arrow appears and an orange pause symbol appears when the recording is paused. We don't need any flashing here, it just directs the focus to the wrong place.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 16, 2024, 00:38:10could you share your Tasker profile anyway, please?
I removed unrelated parts and added in some configurability. If you have questions, best is you create a topic in Tasker forum then. Feel free to ask.
Important, this requires the Locus Tasker plugin, see Play Store.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Profile%3AHike_Ping

lor74cas

Quote from: Tapio on August 16, 2024, 08:11:24
Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 16, 2024, 00:38:10could you share your Tasker profile anyway, please?
I removed unrelated parts and added in some configurability. If you have questions, best is you create a topic in Tasker forum then. Feel free to ask.
Important, this requires the Locus Tasker plugin, see Play Store.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Profile%3AHike_Ping

Great idea, I simplified the task even more to give feedback only when the recording fails, increasing the number of audio reminders and also inserting vibrations. The verification interval is defined only in the set up of the TICK event that I set to 100 seconds and it is not necessary to create loops in the task because it is the event itself that activates it at each interval.
The interval should not exceed two minutes according to what is reported in the TICK guide.
You must remember to activate it, but there is no danger of forgetting to turn it off, it will automatically remind you 100 seconds after you have closed the track.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kc9lYIafma1bmhSsdc5aW41wXP5NeuM1RwE0hptzS4hAh4n%2Fj3ZJVJ%2BEksDoEnzn7H%2FxM%2BAQ%3D%3D&id=Profile%3ALocus_Rec_Ping
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Tapio

lorcas, you don't use the Stop and should remove it. I personally like to trigger via tick and for dynamic pauses or >2 minutes, I use the stop construction. Notice the conditions uses a Task Variable, i. e. survives the task. And tick doesn't use the Android scheduler, I prefer that.

BUT Logic. We want to know regularly if all is alive and well. Your task, by not saying anything means "all is well" but also it could mean "Locus/Tasker/Android have crashed".

Such a Locus watcher can also include checking and correcting volumes. Has all happened to me. No guiding voice, I walked and walked, then noticed, the voice and off-track beep were silent.

"Remember to activate it" - Usually one does create tasks which get started via a homescreen shortcut. Execute other tasks from there via "Perform task" or turn profiles on/off ("Profile status").
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on August 16, 2024, 13:49:26Your task, by not saying anything means "all is well" but also it could mean "Locus/Tasker/Android have crashed".
personal preference, but I'd agree

both of you - fantastic stuff - and being text (rather than some obscure binary) it is possible to use WinMerge (or similar) to track changes
  •  

T-mo

Honestly, recording state can be enhanced, I caught myself unaware of the current state as no pulsating of symbols or location arrow or no changed color of track recording sidepanel-header is given, only the icon in the map-corner changes but that can generally mean different things UI-control-wise, though I was aware of its meaning.

Any idea of how to change the rec-profile-symbol, dedicated activity ?
I suppose this being a bug.
P.S. obviously missed the nonsense-advice in the help
  •