How can I change the default value for the altitude threshold?

Started by Graf Geo, June 19, 2024, 13:33:29

Graf Geo

I have a default value for the altitude threshold of 3 (I'm quite sure I set this myself in the past). Now I would like to change it permanently to 5, but I don't know how.
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
the value is permanently set to 5. Anyway, it is automatically modified.
In case, on the route is applied "Update elevation", the threshold is reduced to 3. In case, the pressure sensor is used during the track recording, it is set to 2.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

OK got it, thanks. Settings in altitude manager:
Elevation measure by GPS only = 5
Elevation measure barometer only = 2
Elevation measure by srtm = 3
I was confused by "Update elevation", in the setting it says "replace GPS values".
(I prefer always srtm)

It would be nice to be able to set the Defalt value yourself or to be able to save the last selected value, but this is not so important.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, and which value does not seem to be ideal in your case? You use "Replace GPS value" so the recorded tracks have a threshold set to 3. The value of 5 seems to have a better result for you, even in the case of using offline elevation files?
  •  

Agus

I would also like to change the default value. In my case I consider the elevation values to be high with a threshold of 5 metres. I always edit them with a threshold of 10 metres.
  •  

Menion

Oki guys ... optional settings will be added to the Expert settings in the next app version.

Eh sorry, not easily possible. The default value is too deep in the app and can't be easily parametrized. Just for your info > the default value is 5 for Android 12+. For older devices, it is 10.
  •  

Gerhard57

Importing a gpx file with Option Update elevation set results in elevation measure = 5 and NOT 3 as expected
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: Menion on June 24, 2024, 08:08:05Hmm, and which value does not seem to be ideal in your case? ...

I think that there are no ideal or perfect values for all use cases. The current ones are ok, and if an individual setting is not feasible, they can stay as they are. I use srtm almost exclusively, and the value 3 usually fits quite well. Only in the mountains would I possibly use a slightly higher value, but then I just do that with the slider.
All good.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Graf Geo

Quote from: Gerhard57 on June 24, 2024, 12:41:58Importing a gpx file with Option Update elevation set results in elevation measure = 5 and NOT 3 as expected

I cannot confirm this. My display shows 3.
  •  

Gerhard57

Quote from: Gerhard57 on June 24, 2024, 12:41:58Importing a gpx file with Option Update elevation set results in elevation measure = 5 and NOT 3 as expected
Tested again on 3 different devices.

Import => update elevation   RESULT elevation measure = 5

You cannot view this attachment.

Open imported track => ... => tools => update elevation   RESULT elevation measure = 3

You cannot view this attachment.

•  

Menion

Hmm, a year ago I made a small change and the result is, that the imported track that already has some elevation, is not updated even if "Update elevation" is checked! This seems to be an issue because, with these settings, elevation should always be updated. So thanks, I'll fix it with the next app (beta) version.
  •  

Tapio

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Gerhard57

fixed in 4.24.3.2
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion