Much more precise GPS Positioning

Started by osioli@gmx.de, June 12, 2024, 21:30:23

osioli@gmx.de

Hello again,

Back with a lot of updates according to this topic.
In the last year I developed 2 versions of compact GPS receivers, which could be used for hiking purpose, on different cost and precision level. Main effort was the software programming but also the housing, antenna option and power supply were in focus.
Both solutions are now working stable and my favourite, with more precision, bigger antenna, sealed housing and akku is equipped with a battery, which allows days of hiking. All of that is for sure flexible and could be changed.
Both are tested hundreds of kilometres and working absolutely stable. The next stages could be optimised easily in terms of size and costs.
You will find pictures attached.

What is your impression?
Any intersest to bring it into a store?

Thanks and cheers

Olaf

Hello again,

In the last year I developed 2 versions, which could be used for hiking purpose, on different cost and precision level. Main effort was the software programming but also the housing, antenna option and power supply were in focus.
Both solutions are now working stable and my favourite, with more precision, bigger antenna, sealed housing and akku is equipped with a battery, which allows days of hiking. All of that is for sure flexible and could be changed.
Both are tested hundreds of kilometres and working absolutely stable. The next stages could be optimised easily in terms of size and costs.

What is your impression?
Any chance to bring it into your store?

Thanks and cheers

Olaf

Also help desk
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/31823-much-more-precise-gps-position
  •  

osioli@gmx.de

Hello again,

In the last year I developed 2 versions of compact GPS receivers, which could be used for hiking purpose, on different cost and precision level. Main effort was the software programming but also the housing, antenna option and power supply were in focus.

What is your impression?
Any intersest to bring it into a store?

Thanks and cheers

Olaf
  •  

Joska

Hello Olaf
Since I'm not familiar with this topic, I'd like to ask you a few questions;

Is it technically possible and sensible to switch off GPS reception on current smartphones?
Is the connection to your devices via Bluetooth? Does this reduce the energy consumption of the smartphones?
What are the prices for both devices?

LG, Joska

Übersetzt mit DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

Hallo Olaf
Da ich in den Thema nicht drin stecke, ein paar Fragen dazu;

Ist es energietechnisch bei aktuellen Smartphones möglich und sinnvoll, den GPS-Empfang auszuschalten?
Ist die Anbindung an deine Geräte per Bluetooth? Ist der Energieverbrauch der Smartphones dabei geringer?
Welche Preise stehen für beide Geräte jeweils im Raum?

LG, Joska
---
  •