Started by Menion, June 04, 2024, 10:51:31

balloni55

procedure similar to video in #10
Log with V4.24.2.1
Locus Map 4.25.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks balloni. I'm still unable to simulate it, but I hope that log helped. Because of some remaining issues with IGN maps, I have just now published the new 4.23.3 version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Hello menion
V 4.24.3 well done 8)
for me both problems from #10 are solved!

I noticed the following today:
when I drive into a tunnel, the map cursor remains visible on the portal and the satellite icon remains green although no satellite is visible.
Is this intentional?

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Graf Geo

V 4.24.3:"Attempt to fix 'Nothing to display'"
Now seems to be fixed!
SG S10, Android 12, LM 4 Gold (last Release version or Beta)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on June 12, 2024, 17:57:46V 4.24.3:"Attempt to fix 'Nothing to display'"
Now seems to be fixed!
Can confirm.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Graf Geo

Hello Locus team. During 2 weeks hiking holiday in the southwest of Germany in a beautiful low mountain range I have tested the current Locus version extensively.

Most of it works very well and there are no major bugs. However, Locus crashes from time to time. I suspect this is due to RAM problems or when too many processes are running in parallel. Crashes often happen, for example, when I make changes to a planned route (e.g. add via points) during a track recording or when I open another app.

Or when I look at my LoPoint photos, open a photo in the gallery and call up the corresponding LoPoint. If I then switch to the map, Locus very often crashes.

A few questions and problems have arisen with the LoPoint photos. When I add a photo, it first appears in the gallery under "For upload", after the upload under "to be approved" and then in normal view after it has been checked. So far its all understandable.

However, it is not entirely clear to me when the pictures are uploaded. Sometimes it happens immediately as soon as I have WLAN. Sometimes it takes several hours or sometimes even 2 or 3 days, and often only some of the images are uploaded. There seems to be no way to initiate the upload yourself. If I delete a photo from the "For upload" group, a few of the other images are suddenly uploaded.

Sometimes pictures don't appear in the gallery at all, even though they have definitely been added to a LoPoint. Regardless of whether I took the photo or selected it from my own gallery. I then have to look for them again (from the folder 0/Pictures/LocusMap/LoPoints or my own photo folder) and add them to the LoPoints. 

Some pictures could not be uploaded at all, I got an error message "No success, invisible point" (screenshot 1). I have no idea what this means.

In rare cases, images are displayed as a white area in the LoPoint photo gallery (screenshot 2). When I click on them, only an exclamation mark icon appears without any further information (screenshot 3). 

The LoPoint photos don't seem to work quite so smoothly yet.

Track navigation: Generally works quite well, both with routes created with and without navigation instructions. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages, but both offer good results in terms of voice instructions.

Only the annoying problem with the ETA remains, but I'll write about that in another thread.

•  

Menion

Hope you've enjoyed your holiday even with rare crashes!  ::)

The problem with LoPoints probably has a good explanation based on the first screenshot. It seems you use offline LoPoints right? Here comes the problem. The online LoPoints database was created a lot later than the offline system. The result is, that the content is not 100% identical. We tried to make them as close as possible, but the current version is on the edge of its limits. So it rarely happens, that you add photos to offline LoPoints, that, unfortunately, do not exist in the online world.

Radim is for a few weeks already working on a completely new version of the offline LoPoints database, that should be 100% identical (or 99.9% :) ) to the online. Hope this year, cause it is quite a big task ...

Anyway white areas and inability to load a photo ... maybe @Marek Scholtz has any idea why this may happens?
  •  

Graf Geo

Thanks for the answer. No, the occasional crashes didn't ruin the holiday ;)

Hmm... not all online LoPoints are also available offline in deed, e.g. viewpoints are often only available online. And yes, sometimes I had no internet in the field and could only access offline LoPoints.

However, this does not explain the "invisible point" error, which occurred again and again with the same photos, even when they were added again later in the WLAN. Only after I had opened these photos with a tool and saved them again could they be added to the LoPoint.

There is still the question of the upload time. Whether I can somehow trigger the upload myself.

Have a nice weekend!

•  

Gerhard57

Using LM on my S9+ in landscape and opening the detail panel or elevation profile of a track there is a lot of free space on the left and right side. Only half of display is used.
  •  

Menion

@Graf Geo
it is a little harder for me. Old offline LoPoints were written probably 6-8 years back. New online LoPoints are new but still use some hacky methods. The content of both databases is also not identical. So for me is currently really hard to tell you exactly where the problem is. If this is not a serious problem, offline LoPoints V2 are our big task for the second part of this year and I hope, that it will solve these problems. At least some of them.

Anyway time when online LoPoints are uploaded is not in our control. We use an Android system called "Work manager" and we only define priority and a few parameters and the exact moment is on the Android. Because you are the first who complain on problematic upload time, I also consider this as a minor problem. Thanks for understanding.

@Gerhard57
well, not an easy solution here ...

I`ve published the Beta version on Friday with some minor fixes + one big change in the topBar layout of (almost) all dialogs. Unfortunately, there is a crash when clicking on the listing detail of the geocache, so sorry for this.

One last note. With a 5 year-old kid, I`m a little forced to have more vacations than I would like  8) so please excuse me for the next two months, if I won`t react as usual ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

balloni55

Hello menion
intresting news !  8)  enjoy the time, he/she is growing faster than you think ;)

QuoteI noticed the following today:
when I drive into a tunnel, the map cursor remains visible on the portal and the satellite icon remains green although no satellite is visible.
Is this intentional?
if your time permits i am interested in an answer

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I wanted to write 5-year :).

Anyway, the "problem". An explanation is quite simple: app at the start of the tunnel receives the last valid location. And then nothing ... no clear information that GPS was lost. For this, best should to use some timeout together with the accelerometer to detect that you are still moving. But I`ve still not implemented it yet ...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Graf Geo

Quote from: Menion on July 01, 2024, 18:11:21@Graf Geo
it is a little harder for me. Old offline LoPoints were written probably 6-8 years back
I also consider this as a minor problem. Thanks for understanding.
One last note. With a 5 year-old kid, I`m a little forced to have more vacations than I would like  8) so please excuse me for the next two months, if I won`t react as usual ;)

Thanks, it's not that important. Especially as the problem with the LoPoint photos hasn't occurred since I returned from holiday.

Enjoy your time with your child! 🙂

EDIT 02.07.2024: I have now been able to reproduce it. There are indeed isolated LoPoints that are only available offline. If you then try to upload a photo, the error "invisible point" appears.
That clears that up, thank you.
  •  

luce

Hello, app crashes instantly when I'm trying to start the route planner. Everything else works fine. Log attached.

Edit: App crashes also when pushing the map content button.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: luce on July 02, 2024, 09:00:31app crashes instantly whenI'm trying to start the route planner. Everything else works fine. Log attached.

Edit: App crashes also when pushing the map content button.
Not here. Android 10.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest