[APP] - version 4.24.+ ( 6/2024 )

Started by Menion, June 04, 2024, 10:51:31

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on July 15, 2024, 09:52:06Well, do you really think there's another person on earth using orux maps in Locus?
It's supported, and it worked before the initial display of map name was fixed (which it is), so am I not allowed to report that bug?

I find it a little weird that two people thank you for a post basically telling me my bug report is of no importance? I don't complain when others report bugs that are of no concern for me...
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: slarti76 on July 15, 2024, 11:37:29
Quote from: Tapio on July 15, 2024, 09:52:06Well, do you really think there's another person on earth using orux maps in Locus?
It's supported, and it worked before the initial display of map name was fixed (which it is), so am I not allowed to report that bug?

I find it a little weird that two people thank you for a post basically telling me my bug report is of no importance? I don't complain when others report bugs that are of no concern for me...
The many options provided by Locus make it very versatile on the one hand, and on the other very prone to having ultra-complicated menus that scare the average user who seeks simplicity as a first approach. Some of these options are used by maybe 10 people so it makes me smile when someone finds a bug on one of them, even more so when it relates to maps of an application in direct competition with Locus. My "thank you" was not a personal attack, if a function exists it is right that it works properly, but it is more to point out the fact that sometimes we should also think about removing and simplifying instead of always adding something new.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on July 15, 2024, 11:37:29I find it a little weird that two people thank you for a post basically telling me my bug report is of no importance? I don't complain when others report bugs that are of no concern for me...
Nah..., not about importance, just target audience. I apologise, my post was a bit unclear. I'm rather thinking this kind of stuff should better be handled via an official ticked because there's likely nobody to address in the user forum.

Out of curiosity - why do you use these kinds of maps instead of OAM/Lomaps?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on July 15, 2024, 15:32:27
Quote from: slarti76 on July 15, 2024, 11:37:29I find it a little weird that two people thank you for a post basically telling me my bug report is of no importance? I don't complain when others report bugs that are of no concern for me...
Nah..., not about importance, just target audience. I apologise, my post was a bit unclear. I'm rather thinking this kind of stuff should better be handled via an official ticked because there's likely nobody to address in the user forum.
Fair enough, apology accepted. I decided to post it here, because Menion is in the audience ;), and the appearance of the bug exactly coincided with the fixing of that map name display bug, which also I was one of the reporters. So I think it makes sense to point that out here. Granted, correlation != causation, so maybe it's a coincidence the bug appeared at the same time.

And I'm using that Orux format a lot, as are some colleagues, because we have a friend who provides maps in that format. I had no reason to believe this is rare or common.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on July 15, 2024, 15:32:27Out of curiosity - why do you use these kinds of maps instead of OAM/Lomaps?
As I wrote above, we have a friend who provides these. And OAM/LoMaps is really not the right comparison, as OruxMaps are bitmap, not vector. And when it's about external bitmap maps, I think there's no alternative to Orux, otherwise Locus only supports its own format, which I have never seen anywhere else. So Orux may be a competition, but offers a format that is at least somewhat known, whereas Locus-bitmap maps are not. I may be wrong there.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

michaelbechtold

Hmmm, mbtiles and sqlitedb are quite common, beyond Locus, and not a Locus private bitmap format.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 15, 2024, 20:42:01Hmmm, mbtiles and sqlitedb are quite common, beyond Locus, and not a Locus private bitmap format.
Well, OruxMaps is also "just" sqlitedb, so there must be more to it. What I mean to say is that the fact that Locus uses sqlitedb, doesn't mean the actual db structure is the same as in other sqlitedb maps. You can't judge from the outside.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I used sqlitedb for the most simple data collection for raster maps: lon, lat, ZL are the keys, pointing to a BLOB (the image).
This is a format many apps can handle, it is not a Locus invention.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 16, 2024, 09:44:56I used sqlitedb for the most simple data collection for raster maps: lon, lat, ZL are the keys, pointing to a BLOB (the image).
This is a format many apps can handle, it is not a Locus invention.
Pardon me for not havin experience with that. All I'm saying is that it's no obvious without some experience/knowledge whether Orux is fundamentally different or not.
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
display of points on the map ... hmm let's try one experiment. Instead of "com.asamm.locus.ACTION_TASK", send "com.asamm.locus.DATA_TASK" action with the following extra

"data" instead of "tasks"

content:

{
  map_point: {
    "name": "Point name",
    "icon": "internal icon name, file:// path or full URL",
    "lon": 14.1456,
    "lat": 50.4564,
    "action_after": "optional, one of CENTER, CENTER_ANIMATE, OPEN_DETAIL"
  }
}

I've not tested it, but it should work :P. ::)

@slarti76
OruxMaps ... funny comment @Tapio  ;D. Unfortunately, I believe there will still be more than slarti ;).

This is a general topic where all sorts of problems and features are discussed. Most of us use only a minority of what Locus Map can do, but -> when it's implemented and it does not work, it should be fixed (or removed for good), even if used only by a single person.

Back to problem > fix with the "map name" was only aesthetic. I'm also testing one Oruxmap and it works without a problem. Do you have this issue with all such maps?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

This new intent is super interesting, a hidden gem? but I can't make it do anything. Nothing happens in LM.
If this method would allow for putting stuff directly into the db, that would be gold.

Action:
com.asamm.locus.DATA_TASK

Cat:
None

Extra:
data:{map_point:{"name":"test", "icon":"Z-ico02", "lon":8.9999, "lat":50.9999}}

Package:
menion.android.locus

Target:
Broadcast Receiver

Menion

I've just created it, sorry not to write this. It will be available in the next Beta version.

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 19, 2024, 15:12:18I've just created it, sorry not to write this. It will be available in the next Beta version.
New beta... It works! The naming works, but icon does not, or I don't know how. I used "icon":"Z-ico02". The icon name I retrieved via longtap an icon.
  •  

Menion

It works? Surprise to me  8)

Icon ... best is to export a point with the wanted icon into GPX and there will be visible expected naming for the icon.  Same if you will want to use icon from custom icon pack.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on July 19, 2024, 21:28:42
Quote from: Menion on July 19, 2024, 15:12:18I've just created it, sorry not to write this. It will be available in the next Beta version.
New beta... It works! The naming works, but icon does not, or I don't know how. I used "icon":"Z-ico02". The icon name I retrieved via longtap an icon.
@Tapio maybe a little Tasker demo project to share?
LM4.25.1.5.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •