[APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 04/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 08, 2024, 16:12:40

Viajero Perdido

Here's a recreation of the route with the conflicting instructions:  https://link.locusmap.app/t/n19n7n

We continued driving west on 16A, missing left turns.  The router kept recalculating to take the next left (as displayed) but kept saying "Continue straight".  It did not say, "Continue straight, then after 10 metres, turn left", though I have it configured to do so, and it does when applicable.  Cheers.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
update of geocache > ah, I do not like these tasks as they are a little bit complicated. Please write me the code of the cache you were updating, so I can test it on an identical point. Thanks. I've just checked the code, just to be sure, and import over "search" and from "PQ" in the end use identical methods, so import also should be identical.

@Graf Geo
disabled text area > interesting. @Marek Scholtz will look at it, thanks

@Viajero Perdido
first missing navigation command after recalculation > good observation, thanks, got it!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

@Viajero Perdido
I notice that Menion will offer you a solution.
Your trajectory is quite simple that will work.
Anyway I don't use Locus auto recalculation.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on April 18, 2024, 10:57:01@balloni55
update of geocache > ah, I do not like these tasks as they are a little bit complicated. Please write me the code of the cache you were updating, so I can test it on an identical point. Thanks. I've just checked the code, just to be sure, and import over "search" and from "PQ" in the end use identical methods, so import also should be identical.

e.g.
https://coord.info/GCAN28K
store coords like N 48°59.400  E 8°45.700
to final WP

the behavior has changed
"search for geocaches" > Mystery > overwrite is fine :)
"search by GC code" > + > overwrite, here the coordinates of the final WP are set to 0
Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Menion, on an existing track, after "Recalculate all", the Navigation icons are ahown on the map.

Track overview image, nice, maybe you can distinguish between planned (with no timestamps) and finished tracks. First one needs no avg. speed and track time is an estimation, can be indicated.

Higher res. would be nice.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Graf Geo

Beta V4.23.1.1

Bug #29 (problem with caption to a photo added to a LoPoint): solved. :)

New track overview (first impression): I am not (yet) convinced. The text (headline) seems too big to me, the map is pale and the resolution is poor. It's nice that you can hide the diagram and the statistics. It would be even better if the font size and colour could be configured.

I like the old overview better. I would be happy to offer both variants permanently.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

luce

I like the old track overview better. In comparison to the new one, these are its advantages:

– More map details --> more information about the track. An improvement of the old diagram could be to increase the image resolution to get a better quality when printed out (what I sometimes do to produce a backup paper map for hiking)
– No grey overlay --> Map is better readable and looks better when printed out
– more statistical information about the track
– The ratio between the map information and the font size makes more sense. When reading the map, you usually zoom in, why are the fonts so huge?
– hight diagram is easier to read (see comparison). An improvement of the old diagram could be to show more than one hight indicating (horizontal) line.

The new overwiew looks more like a thumbnail, I don't exactly understand the use case. When I wanted so send a track overview to someone who doesn't have Locus App, I would use the one with the best image resolution and the most (relevant) information about the track, so that the receiver gets the best idea of it.

luce

Sorry, I forgot to upload these images...
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
issue with update of the geocache and the UI glitch in the "log the cache" should be fixed now, thanks

Track Preview
thanks for the feedback. Purpose of this feature should be more as a small nice auto-generated preview for social media, not for print or deeper analysis.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Andrew Heard

I have a new Android 14 phone. I have 4.23.1 installed but seem to be having trouble installing the 4.23.1.1 beta. I have Developer options enabled, although now (FYI) for 14+ the setting for Install unknown apps has been moved to Settings > Security & privacy > More security settings, and is enabled on a per-app basis, in my case Solid Explorer. When I tap on the Install button there is a very quick "Staging" progress bar, then the dialog with Update button is displayed (see screen cap below). After tapping Update there is a quick return to the Solid Explorer App Viewer main screen whereas with older Android versions the "installing" screen stayed on for a few minutes. I'm assuming the 53.1MB package is not corrupt. Any suggestions please?
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.23.1.3 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.23.1: Backup manager > Manual backup > all points & tracks: all OK except "zzccm, code: 10600":
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

T-mo

@Andrew:
maybe try the package installer (if this is due to permissions) or redownload package?

Andrew Heard

Quote from: T-mo on April 23, 2024, 06:42:55maybe try the package installer (if this is due to permissions) or redownload package?
thanks T-mo. I should have mentioned I had used the package installer first. Sorry for any confusion. APK is 55,678,161 bytes. I downloaded another - same size. I can only assume some weird Samsung/ Android 14 security issue? I uninstalled LM4.23.1 then was able to install 4.23.1.1 ;-)
  •  

Tapio

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion