New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
8. 4. 2024 - Locus 4.23.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

Quote from: balloni55 on April 08, 2024, 14:19:07When I log a geocache offline and try to add a picture first, the two selection options appear briefly only to disappear again immediately.

If I write the log first, I can add a picture afterwards

•  

Graf Geo

Navigation to screen centre creates a reverse route. (screen centre as start and actual position as destination).

This happens with all selected destinations. (contacts, my points, projection etc.)
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Diddi

I can't update Geocaches via Geocaching4Locus addon since this version.

Open listing
Click addon button
Click update or download logs
Seems that the addon app opens for a short while but closes instantly without doing anything
  •  

jonny.blue

Integration of lab cache is great ...  8)

.... but it shows all lab caches inclusive found.
  •  

Graf Geo

@Diddi: There is a very recent update of the Geocaching4Locus addon in the Playstore. Maybe that will solve your problem, I haven't tried it.

@Menion: Manual segments now seem to be permanently retained with "Recalculate all", even after saving the route. Perfect.

SG S10, Android 12

SG S10, Android 12

Diddi

Quote from: Graf Geo on April 08, 2024, 20:25:24@Diddi: There is a very recent update of the Geocaching4Locus addon in the Playstore. Maybe that will solve your problem, I haven't tried it.

I see that my phone updated the addon last night automatically, so I can't say which app causes the error.
Live map with the addon isn't working too, While downloading caches works.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: jonny.blue on April 08, 2024, 20:13:10.... but it shows all lab caches inclusive found.
and filter settings to sort them out do not work either
Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Graf Geo

The path can no longer be displayed for photos attached to a point.

Up to and including version 4.22.2, an info icon was displayed at the bottom right when the photo was opened, which could be used to call up the file path.

This no longer exists in the current version. Since I have attached photos from different folders on my device to points, I need this info and I would like to have it back.
SG S10, Android 12

balloni55

update cache, the progress bar is no longer available
you cannot see whether the update is running or hanging

Edit: the update is not completed for folders with more than ~800 caches
Edit2: update didn´t work at all :-[
Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

flyingman_ch

Quote from: Diddi on April 08, 2024, 19:54:30I can't update Geocaches via Geocaching4Locus addon since this version.

Open listing
Click addon button
Click update or download logs
Seems that the addon app opens for a short while but closes instantly without doing anything
The update also no longer works with version 4.22.2. Geocaching4Locus has been updated.

Graf Geo

Quote from: Graf Geo on April 08, 2024, 17:26:22Navigation to screen centre creates a reverse route. (screen centre as start and actual position as destination). This happens with all selected destinations. (contacts, my points, projection etc.)

Supplement: It's about the "Navigate to" function, which calls up the "Select destination" menu. After selecting the destination (screen center, contacts, my points, projection etc.), a reverse route is calculated, which is nonsensical and the start and destination have to be swapped manually each time. Has nobody else noticed this? I can't imagine that this only happens on my device.

As the route is rarely created the right way round, I did some more testing. It seems that the error always occurs when there is a satfix before the destination is selected. If the GPS signal is still being searched for (message "Waiting for GPS...), the route is created correctly. Unfortunately, the normal case is that you already have your GPS and then the route is always displayed the wrong way round.

Furthermore, when starting the navigation (icon Quick navigation in the toolbar above) the assigned preset is not loaded reliably. Sometimes yes, sometimes no... I still have to see if I can find a reason for this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
SG S10, Android 12
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on April 10, 2024, 14:30:27Has nobody else noticed this? I can't imagine that this only happens on my device
I now see it. Seems it doesn't always happen! If GPS is off beforehand, it works correctly: it adds the target as #2, takes time to turn on GPS, then adds gps pos as the starting position.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

WalkerR

That's correct, but constantly turning GPS on and off is annoying, perhaps this bug will be fixed in the future for correct display.
You Wow carry
  •  

Menion

@Graf Geo
problem with incorrect order of nav. points > should be fixed

missing path in the new gallery to attachments > added "Info" dialog

@Diddi
update of geocaches > there were some updates of Geocaching4Locus and if I am correct, the last one fixed this.

@jonny.blue
lab caches > and do you have disabled "Incl. found by me" at the end of the filter?

@balloni55
it is important to tell me if the feature comes from Geocaching4Locus or internal Locus Map. If you are un-sure, from where you start not working feature?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Graf Geo