[APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 04/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 08, 2024, 16:12:40

Menion

@balloni55
#46 > I'm testing it and the mentioned link works without a problem. Does this happen for all the links you've tried or just this single cache? Does a live map or downloading of caches work without a problem for you?

Track rec notifications
thanks for the feedback. I had to make them always enabled to force you test it  ;D. Anyway good ideas, thanks. I need to keep it simple, because storing full "notification dialog" settings within a recording profile is currently more complicated. So, I've at least made these two notifications optional (settings in every profile), increased the time when the notification appears (to 5 minutes in case of pending recording and 3 minutes in case of invalid pause), and changed notification from "warning" (orange) to just "info" (green).

@TrulloF
hmm, do not remember if I've noticed this. This will be very hard to solve ... (sorry)

@slarti76
more easily accessible app version: good idea, I've noted it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Graf Geo

Quote from: Menion on May 28, 2024, 11:57:07... So, I've at least made these two notifications optional (settings in every profile), increased the time when the notification appears (to 5 minutes in case of pending recording and 3 minutes in case of invalid pause), and changed notification from "warning" (orange) to just "info" (green).

Thank you! Seems to be a good solution for now.

But if someone wants to use the function, the increased times for pending recording (5 min.) might be too long - After a stop, you have already ride/walked a good distance until the message appears. But it is difficult to find an optimal value for all users and usecases.
SG S10, Android 12

balloni55

QuoteDoes this happen for all the links you've tried or just this single cache?
yes for all

QuoteDoes a live map or downloading of caches work without a problem for you?
Yes

Download by GC-code dosn´t work as also reporteted by other user
https://help.locusmap.eu/ticket/34949?access_key=29836-f923c197
Locus Map 4.24.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on May 28, 2024, 13:07:56
Quote from: Menion on May 28, 2024, 11:57:07Thank you! Seems to be a good solution for now.

But if someone wants to use the function, the increased times for pending recording (5 min.) might be too long
will be forever debating. 5m definitely sounds too long. just 1 or 2m for me would be great... once reliable. as reported a TTS notification is heard as soon as un-pause, which is not right.
LM4.23.1.7 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

New pre-release Beta 4.23.1.6!
One interesting piece of news (for someone) -> possibility of adding ratings and comments to online LoPoints! We still believe we should be able to create a usable database of useful places with photos, mainly for hike & bike usage. Offline version (so online and offline LoPoints (almost) identical) is planned on rest of this year.

And second, partially secret (for now) -> you should now receive 1 LoCoin for every uploaded and validated photo. So 2099 photos -> Gold for one year :)

@balloni55
Unfortunately, I'm still unable to simulate it, no matter what I do. Could you please enable logging to the file in the Beta, try it again (maybe twice), and send me a log file? Thanks!

@Graf Geo , @Andrew Heard
One minute was in the previous version. For now, five minutes is better than nothing  ;). Once it is reliable good enough, we may discuss sooner notification or some extra adjustments. I also need to test it more in the field and not sit permanently behind the desk :)

Graf Geo

Thank you very much, interesting features. Just tried to earn my first photo LoCoin as a test ;) 
The option to (de)activate the notifications is well placed in the profiles.
SG S10, Android 12

balloni55

Hello menion
hope you´ll find some helpfull info in attached log file

first i´ve tried to import two different geocaches by link
next i´ve tried to import a geocache by GC code

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 29, 2024, 08:30:31One minute was in the previous version
as already mentioned, sometimes it was ZERO minutes; 100% repeatable

the 2 new settings are nicely placed
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks for the log, I think I've found something ... try the next version please (probably the final public next week), thanks!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

balloni55

V 4.23.1.7
import geocache by "link" as well as by locus "GC code" work again, thanks and nice weekend

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 29, 2024, 14:57:12
Quote from: Menion on May 29, 2024, 08:30:31One minute was in the previous version
as already mentioned, sometimes it was ZERO minutes; 100% repeatable

the 2 new settings are nicely placed
now no problem in 4.23.1.6 with first setting on & second setting off, thanks
  •  

Graf Geo

V 4.23.1.7
"parameter for LoRouter walking profiles that define base user speed"

Great, finally!!! Unfortunately, you can only select 0.5 km/h steps, but it's still a significant improvement for route planning. 👍

Can't this be set for external profiles (shortest)?
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Graf Geo on May 31, 2024, 22:06:57V 4.23.1.7
"parameter for LoRouter walking profiles that define base user speed"

Great, finally!!! Unfortunately, you can only select 0.5 km/h steps, but it's still a significant improvement for route planning. 👍

Can't this be set for external profiles (shortest)?
0.5 steps are completely sufficient. Everyone has daily fluctuations that they are not aware of. Or there is something more to see on the way.
I also thought my steps were too long at the beginning. But in practice, smaller ones don't make sense later on.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

I would also like to have something like this when cycling. But then 1 or 2 km steps would be enough.
Many thanks for the great function.
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: freischneider0.5 steps are completely sufficient. ...
You're right. I have a fairly stable walking speed of 4.3 km/h and would therefore have liked to adjust this, but now I will planning with 4.0 km/h and have a buffer. I can live with that.

I would also like to have this function for the cycling profile.
SG S10, Android 12
  •