Route planner: Re-route ignores manual drawn segments

Started by Graf Geo, March 28, 2024, 14:01:24

Graf Geo

I have a request for improvement when creating a new route in the route planner:

I am planning a route. Then, for example, there is a small bridge over a stream that is missing from the OSM map. The route planner doesn't want to take me along it. No problem, I create this section of the route "manually" in drawing mode. Or I want to take a shortcut somewhere cross-country. Here, too, I can insert a manual segment. Wonderful.

But: Whenever I recalculate the entire route ("recalculate all"), the manually drawn segments are ignored and the route is routed via existing paths, which ruins my planning.  See screenshot.

Would it be possible for manually drawn segments to be regarded as "unchangeable" during the recalculation and thus be retained? That would be great!

(If the manual segment cannot be reached in another profile (Car instead of Hike etc.), the orange error message "Routing service can't find the start point..." may appear. Just like when recalculating in car mode if shaping points are on hiking trails.)
SG S10, Android 12

lor74cas

Hi,
You could contribute by adding the information to openstreetmap. It will take some time but sooner or later it will be implemented and the transition will occur normally.
In the meantime, you would like Locus to insert a sort of bypass between two points that are not currently connected, temporarily until the grid is definitively updated. In this way not only the recalculation but also future planning would take the change into account.
It could be an interesting feature, but I don't know how many would be interested in it. But in my experience of use I have often found myself in similar situations having to edit the line manually each time.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: lor74cas on March 29, 2024, 12:44:38Hi,
You could contribute by adding the information to openstreetmap. It will take some time but sooner or later it will be implemented and the transition will occur normally.
In the meantime, you would like Locus to insert a sort of bypass between two points that are not currently connected, temporarily until the grid is definitively updated. In this way not only the recalculation but also future planning would take the change into account.
It could be an interesting feature, but I don't know how many would be interested in it. But in my experience of use I have often found myself in similar situations having to edit the line manually each time.
If there is a path there, I add it to OSM immediately after the tour.
But if there is no path there and I still want to go there. Then everything is gone after the recalculation. It would also be helpful if a turn-off hint was automatically generated for a manual segment. But we have already discussed this in another topic. Menion knows about this and said that it is possible.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Graf Geo

You're right, freischneider.

I also correct on OSM. But many things are mapped correctly and you still want to walk differently. For example, crossing a road, even if there is no "official" pedestrian crossing. Or going off road.

Because of the lack of navigation instructions for manual segments: This is another reason why I prefer to create my routes without navigation instructions.
Track navigation then generates very reliable and precise navigation instructions based on the track geometry. Therefore, instructions are also given for manual segments, there is no difference for the geometry.

Only the complete recalculation of the route destroys the manual segments.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Menion

Thanks @Graf Geo ,
agree that manual segments should be preserved. There was also an issue in the "Reverse route" action that also incorrectly "ignored" manual segments. Both improved.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

New Beta 4.22.2.3:

After saving a route with manual segments and re-route, "Recalculate all" still ignores manual segments and "destroys" planned route.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

As we discussed in the "App update" topic, this should be correctly solved now. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Graf Geo