Support for 2D Barcode map search

Started by mmansell, July 28, 2011, 18:14:31

mmansell

I've noticed recently that quite a few people are starting to include 2D Barcodes (QRCodes) into their email signature (including me). These barcodes usually contain an address. If you use an app (Android) like the "Barcode Scanner", it gives you the option to find the address on a map. If you select that option, (on my phone), it gives me the choice to use "Locus Pro" or "Google Maps". If I choose "Google Maps", everything works fine (the map opens, performs a search, and displays the location). However, if I choose "Locus Pro", Locus Pro opens, but it doesn't perform the search. If I manually type the address into the search in Locus Pro, it works fine.

An example of such a card would be from my business card (note: I made this image a little bigger to make it easier to scan off the screen):

It would be great if you could support the addresses coming from the scanner. Otherwise, I love Locus, especially the ability to download the maps and work offline (as I travel quite a bit).

Thanks,
Mike
  •  

berkley

Can confirm, that Google Maps finds the adress. Locus PRO doesn't. Locus FREE makes the phone reboot...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hmm so support added ... only question from me. in QR code is also name at the end of address in bracers so something like

"some address, street, city, ... (My name)" ... and when I send this to online address search, nothing's found. When I remove name (manually in search dialog), it find address correctly. So question is if is big problem to manually remove name in bracers. Because I'm worried, when I'll remove it in application, there can be some valuable information in some cases ..

anyway, this functionality added, please test in next version and we'll see ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rubiadia

Why do my comic books have a barcode instead of a Spiderman? I have recently bought several Marvel X-Men comic books ranging from issue #247-#260 and there is a barcode in the box where there is usually a Spider-man face. I used my Ipod's price scanner to scan each one and they came up as a T-shirt. Are these comics legit?

Menion

hmm nice topic, I usually immediately delete users with some similar post, but they usually have some links at least in signature. You don't ... so why please are you writing such post here??
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •