how can locus get this??? (Locus v DMD2) We have asked before.

Started by 11elevenths, March 08, 2024, 15:45:52

11elevenths

On an adv motorcycle forum I asked what's the deal with DMD2 since there is sooooooo much it can't do compared to Locus.  I was promptly told what it does do it does very well.  I was skeptical and I got the paid version and played with it....well I am stunned...it is true it has at least 2 features that I wanted for locus and I think many others wanted for years...please correct me if I am wrong...  Intermediate time/distance to various targets and a simple time/distance measure tool along a track.  It has a high contrast mode and a better "dashboard" experience too.

watch 10:15-13:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7RKLJC96q8

watch
6:16-9:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw2TRVLuO9w

So I am trying a hybrid approach to nav by keeping locus for the planing and back end library but using dmd2 for the actual following of the tracks for now....I wish locus just had all these features.
  •  

Menion

Hi,

nice tool!

Missing features:

1. POIs along the track > it is missing, fully agree. Plans? Not for now in my head.

2. distance along the route > during the navigation, tap on the route and in the route detail screen, tap on the first bottom icon. There you get all necessary information.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

11elevenths

as for #2 I was surprised locus can calculate current position distance/time to a point clicked on the track and even jump in to the 2nd track and calculate correctly...1 out of 2 times.  Yes it was not consistent...strange.

What I could not find in locus is click anywhere on a track (not current position) and click again and get distance time values between those 2 clicked points.
  •  

Menion

1 out of 2 times? Any problem I may be able to simulate?

Measuring between two points > for this exists the so-called "Analyzer". Tap on the track > three-dot menu > Tools > Analyzer.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •