Bug: Multiply Blend Mode with reduced Opacity.

Started by sadburai, January 30, 2024, 19:10:11

sadburai

Hi,

I like to overlay colorful geographical maps on top of OAM or Swisstopo-Maps. For that, I usually use the Multiply Blend Mode. However, sometimes the resulting combination is too dark or the underlying map is not very visible anymore.

Therefor, I would like to use the Multiply Blend Mode with a lower opacity (e.g. 70%) setting. Unfortunately, there seem to be some bugs and Locus becomes unusable:
- you have to turn the overlay on and off to see an effect of the changed opacity when using Multiply Blend Mode
- then, there seems to be an endless loop where the opacity gets darker and darker until the result is equal to Multiply with 100% opacity
- if you move the map, the screen starts flickering and Locus is extremely slow and unusable. Probably due to the loop running continuously.

It would be great if you could fix that bug!

Thanks!
Till

PS: Multiply with lower oppacity works just fine in photoshop.
  •  

Menion

Hello Till,

unfortunately, because of the system I use for rendering maps, there is not much flexibility here.
So simply, I have currently no option to improve blend modes. They cause trouble on most of modern devices so I'm close to removing this functionality completely. Sorry to write this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

sadburai

Hi Menion,
thanks for the reply, I understand. However, the Multiply Blend Mode is still very useful, even if it doesn't work with the Opacity setting, so please do not remove it completely! Thanks!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion