New outdoor theme: Hike, Ride & Sight!

Started by tartiflix, December 31, 2023, 12:05:28

tartiflix

Hello everyone,

I have made a thoroughly updated version of Bernard's OutdoorV4 theme, which has been renamed "Hike, Ride & Sight!"

The aim was to add almost all the tags available in OpenAndroMaps maps, especially those related to hiking and MTB, while keeping the map as easy to read as possible. I also fixed a lot of minor problems with the original theme.

I decided not to have theme variations (bike, hike...), which I find impractical, but to have a long list of layers that can be switched individually to focus on your exact needs and keep the map uncluttered.

The hard part was creating a map legend, and I found that plain HTML+SVG was the way to go to keep the legend maintainable.

I hope it will be useful to others; let me know if you find any problems!

Jérôme

Download
Legend
Install in Locus

Tapio

It's always interesting to look at other solutions, great release. OMG, legend is probably really time consuming. I'm hesitant to start working on it.

There's some significant color change ZL 14->15, is that intended? Screenshots, pos is at 51.49046,8.0039
EDIT: Ah, solved, it's an area overlay, "national park..." option. I'd default them to Off.

Menu has a typo or french leftover, "motor vehicule"
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Saturo

When i activate the theme the standardmap oam world is not shown in lower zoom levels.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G990U1 mit Tapatalk

•  

Tapio

Quote from: Saturo on January 01, 2024, 12:45:39When i activate the theme the standardmap oam world is not shown in lower zoom levels.
I don't think this is themes responsibility. I use OAM-World-1-8-min-J80.mbtiles and it shows up as usual.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Saturo

Yes, seems to be right. I think its a kind of general issue with thesclassic version.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G990U1 mit Tapatalk

•  

tartiflix

Quote from: Tapio on December 31, 2023, 12:39:29There's some significant color change ZL 14->15, is that intended?
Yes, colorizing national parks and natural reserves is not really useful at high zoom levels, and it could make harder to identify vegetation and geology (e.g. when a rocky area is shown in green). I would like to only draw the boundary and not fill the content, but the bug with tile rendering prevernts me to do so.

Thanks for the typo.
  •  

tartiflix

Quote from: Tapio on December 31, 2023, 12:39:29OMG, legend is probably really time consuming. I'm hesitant to start working on it.
It is, but working on it also helped me a lot to fix many inconsitencies and to improve the coherence of my theme.
  •