Locus Map 4.18.2 + 4.19.0 keeps on crashing

Started by skaphod, October 18, 2023, 15:48:20

skaphod

Hi there,

I've been using Locus Map for almost 10 years now and cannot find out why it keeps on crashing since about 4 weeks ago. I currently use version 4.19.0 but it started with version 4.18.2 on Android 12 (Samsung S10).

When it crashed, the screen always turns black first, then sometimes the apps starts again, sometimes it stays closed, and sometimes an android message is shown that the app crashed.

It always crashes when opening a track folder or after saving a new track. It even crashes when tipping on "my premium" (I currently use silver premium).

I have already tried un- and reinstalling the app, resetting it to factory defaults (and not loading the backup data), and changing the location of the data between internal storage (private media) and sd-card (private media and user folder). Nothing helped.

I am quite frustrated now and hope somebody has a clue or a solution to my problem.
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

skaphod

yes, it sounds similar, thank you. is there a way to restore/recreate the track database which might be corrupted and cause the crashes?
  •  

skaphod

this is my detailed app info if it might help
  •  

freischneider

It says backup, delete, backup back. Best to write there and ask.

There a new registration is necessary. But you can use the same data.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

skaphod

do you mean I should write there? https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/33099-app-crashes-when-trying-to-use-my-library

and where is a new registration necessary?

thanks for your help!
  •  

Menion

Hello and sorry for the troubles.

Please try to install the Beta version MapGooglePlay_4.19.0.2_1115_beta.apk from this link: http://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest . @freischneider correctly wrote it is an identical issue that should be solved in this Beta version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: skaphod