Themes for Version 4 (Android)

Started by Newlands, September 19, 2023, 05:22:47

Newlands

Hi,
Where can I find themes for the new Locus (4)?  When I go to themes, only 4 are listed and the Store is empty...
-Donald
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

voldapet

Hi,

all themes were removed because were created for LoMaps gen 3 and weren't compatible with gen 4. But some authors were preparing new version compatible with LoMaps gen 4. @john_percy @karlchick do you think is it possible to publish your themes in Locus Store?

john_percy

My Voluntary and Velocity themes are updated for Lomaps gen 4 and also work with Lomaps gen 3 and OAM maps.
They can be installed into Locus from https://voluntary.nichesite.org/downloads.html - use the appropriate Locus quick install button.

@voldapet Yes, they can be added back to Locus Store.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

karlchick

My OS Map theme is close to release, just got to complete the legend files.

I found an issue with using .lnk files, it won't load .pdf files unless they have the same name as the theme.xml, I get a toaster message "Invalid value: <content of .lnk file>".

Any ideas? I'm using the .lnk file to point each theme to the common pdf legend.

@voldapet, I'm happy for the theme to be loaded up to the Locus store (when ready)... is there anything special I should worry about in the theme/zip to enable this?
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload

Menion

There are quite a lot of possibilities regards how the link to a map legend may be defined.

Could you please share with me a theme with PDF legends that does not work for you as expected? Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

karlchick

Quote from: Menion on October 05, 2023, 10:40:12There are quite a lot of possibilities regards how the link to a map legend may be defined.

Could you please share with me a theme with PDF legends that does not work for you as expected? Thanks!

Thanks Memion, I've uploaded a draft of the latest v4 OS Map theme to here:

OS Map v4 draft.zip

There are 4 theme files, day/night themes for v3/v4 maps. There are lnk files for these that point to common/shared day/night legend pdf files.

I've got the maps and themes located on external sd card: /storage/6366-3530/Android/media/menion.android.locus/mapsVector

Which seems to work smoothly for me... except loading the legend gives the attached error. This used to work when I last checked (probably last year). Error is occurring in both LM4 and Classic versions.

Thanks for helping.

Note:This isn't the final release of the theme (still working on the legend files).
DiscussDownload

Menion

Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised it worked before! The path to the legend should be a) URL to web page or b) a relative path within the theme directory. So only the "legend.pdf" and not the "mapsVector/_themes/legend.pdf". Anyway in the next version, both versions will work!

Btw. very nice legend!!!  :o
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

karlchick

Quote from: Menion on October 09, 2023, 08:57:59... or b) a relative path within the theme directory. So only the "legend.pdf" and not the "mapsVector/_themes/legend.pdf".

Thanks Menion, I tried just legend.pdf and it gave the attached error. I then tried "theme zip dir/legend.pdf",, I.e. "OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf" and that worked.

In my zip of the theme all the files are in a subdirectory "OS Map/", should I be zipping the theme as the root of the zip file perhaps?

Anyhow, I can now get legends working, thanks for help and compliments.

Just need to get the legend completed for night theme and it'll be ready for release.
DiscussDownload
  •  

Menion

Hmm, I may look at the correct path later. Anyway I'm glad it works for you now ;)
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2023, 09:30:09Hmm, I may look at the correct path later. Anyway I'm glad it works for you now ;)
I think the behaviour is correct. I have now set up the lnk files to have no path just "legend.pdf" and make sure I zip up the theme without a sub-directory. This then works for both zipped and unzipped usages of the theme.
DiscussDownload
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion