Jerky and non-smooth progress on the map when navigating

Started by DIDYM13, August 26, 2023, 09:56:23

Menion

Are we talking only about the navigation cursor arrow right? I've noticed this issue yesterday as well. When you have enabled only centering on the current GPS position, it should be ok with the latest version!

If some jumps happens all the time, short video click will be probably necessary, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Steffen_MK

Yes, I mean the navigation cursor (position arrow).

With "When you have enabled only centering on the current GPS position" you mean the position of the navigation cursor in the center of the screen and not shifted to the bottom (1/4 of the screen)?
Locus Map 4, User-ID: 07e0fc852e
  •  

Menion

Let's wait for the next version. I'll do a few more tweaks till then. I'm also just now doing some battery benchmarks to measure if this has a noticeable impact on the battery.

Anyway
- basic centering on the current position (so the movement of the map cursor & map every second) should work ok
- when the navigation is active, the cursor still jumps every second, but map is moving smoothly - this should be improved
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Steffen_MK

Quote from: Menion on October 06, 2023, 08:07:38- when the navigation is active, the cursor still jumps every second, but map is moving smoothly - this should be improved

Is there still a plan to stop the cursor from jumping when the map is set to "smooth movement" in the expert settings?
Locus Map 4, User-ID: 07e0fc852e
  •