Failing to create points with lat/long coordinates

Started by geoffmozz, July 16, 2023, 23:00:55

geoffmozz

Every time I try to create new points by entering entering lat/long coordinates on the 'edit point' screen LM4 reports 'Invalid value'. What do I have to do to make this work?

If I enter those same coordinates into Google Maps layers they work as expected. See some drop pins marking water sources here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1UJOBmjMT0UQ4ha2dtXcxwMlSHQE&ll=44.83680167021089%2C5.512083333333333&z=13

Entering 44°52'16", 5°30'32" into Google Maps layers puts a drop pin on the 'Source Les Serrons' water source. Entering those same coords into LM4 returns 'invalid value' even though I'm using the WGS (x° x' x.x") format with N:44°52'16" and E:5°30'32"

Can anyone help me enter the coordinates straight into LM4....and have them work!?

Currently I'm creating the points in Google maps and exporting a KMZ file of the points which LM4 imports successfully.

•  

Tapio

LM is complicated here. Behind creating a new point, find the clipboard import, this will work.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm, @geoffmozz wrote "Entering those same coords into LM4 returns 'invalid value'" ... may you describe it in detail? Suggestions from @Tapio should work of course.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •