Locus and Brouter app do not calculate the right route

Started by Lupin, June 05, 2023, 17:40:14

Lupin

As per Title, I have a route calculation problem with some custom profiles (created by zossebart and then modified some values ��by me) and I don't understand why.
Let me explain: the same profile used on the brouter-web site give me a different result from locus and brouter app, I tried both locus 4 and the previous version, I also tried with the external brouter app (again for android) but the route is different from the one calculated on the brouter-web site. I also tried on other phones but the result is the same, is there some bug or do you know the reason?
I am attaching the profile (brf file) and some screenshots.
  •  

Lupin

It seems that these parameters while changing them do not affect the calculation:
assign downhill cost; assign downhillcutoff, assign uphillcost, assign uphillcutoff
  •  

Lupin

I add another attempt, I tried to calculate the route with an old version of locus map pro (ver. 3.62.1 with brouter 1.6.3) and the route is the same on the brouter-web site (same profile attached), after update at version 3.68.1 and 1.7.0 (locus and brouter app) the calculated route is different as described above and the right one turns out to be the one calculated by the site or by old versions of the app, so I guess there is a problem with the latest versions of the app, greetings
  •  

Menion

Hello Lupin,
if you compute the route also with BRouter external app on the Android and the result is the same as with Locus Map itself, then it looks more like a problem of the BRouter.

It is anyway task to @Radim V who take care of this in our team. So Radim, any known problem?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lupin

Radim V

Hello Lupin,
sorry for being late, but this is hard to investigate.
 - Locus router (both offline and online) is not guarantied to give results identical to Brouter project. Why is that: 1.not identical data are used for calculation. (This seems not to be the case here as your profiles work in both Locus router and Brouter). 2.There is constant development on both projects which we sync only sometimes (there may be minor changes in the algorithms e.t.c). We aim to keep online and offline version of Locus router identical.
 - Maybe more appropriate question here is: Is the calculated route wrong? How much error is there regarding your routing profile? Which one is the "right" one?
Would you share your custom profile please?
Radim.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lupin

Radim V

•  

Lupin

Quote from: Menion on June 09, 2023, 08:42:06Hello Lupin,
if you compute the route also with BRouter external app on the Android and the result is the same as with Locus Map itself, then it looks more like a problem of the BRouter.

It is anyway task to @Radim V who take care of this in our team. So Radim, any known problem?
Hi Menion, no because using the external app or only Locus map (offline with the same profile) the compute is wrong, only if I use the brouter-web site I have the right route
  •  

Lupin

Quote from: Radim V on June 09, 2023, 09:32:07Hello Lupin,
sorry for being late, but this is hard to investigate.
 - Locus router (both offline and online) is not guarantied to give results identical to Brouter project. Why is that: 1.not identical data are used for calculation. (This seems not to be the case here as your profiles work in both Locus router and Brouter). 2.There is constant development on both projects which we sync only sometimes (there may be minor changes in the algorithms e.t.c). We aim to keep online and offline version of Locus router identical.
 - Maybe more appropriate question here is: Is the calculated route wrong? How much error is there regarding your routing profile? Which one is the "right" one?
Would you share your custom profile please?
Radim.
Hi Radim V
- Could the online locus router use the custom profile as the offline mode?
- The calculated route is wrong both with external brouter app and only with locus map with offline profile, the only correct one is on brouter-web site.
If you try to modify these parameters: assign downhillcost; assign downhillcutoff, assign uphillcost, assign uphillcutoff, on android app (external brouter or only offline locus calculation) the route is the same like as if these parameters will have not effect, try yourself, instead on the broute-web site any change has a different result, I tell you this because I use 4 different profiles (same base with different parameters) and now each profile calculates the SAME ROUTE on android, again try yourself.
On old locus map 3 and external brouter (ver. 3.62.1, 1.6.3 respectively) the compute is right, after update on playstore to 3.68.1 and 1.7.0 there is the same problem.
  •  

Lupin

•  

Lupin

Quote from: 0709 on June 10, 2023, 10:18:40I tested by the old BRouter version reinstall. (OK)

By Android file explorer (I use the cx file explorer)
Got to > phone memory (or ext sd) > Android> media > btools.routingapp folder.
Rename the folder into old.btools.routingapp.

Deinstall the current BRouter app version.
DO NOT keep any data ! = A complete deinstall !
Reinstall old BRouter app version by apk.
Select installl to phone or ext sd card.
Startup and stop Brouter app (no need to download a region).

By file explorer go to old.btools.routingapp and select the folder brouter > copy.
By file explorer go to btools.routing app and replace the existing folder brouter folder.
(Overwrite all)

The old version is reinstalled. Inclusive already existing .rd5 files.
This walkaround is ok, Locus map 4 with external brouter app, thanks a lot, until the problem will be fixed, I will use the old version, as a gold user I was no longer using external apps.
  •