[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

Will C

Would be nice to be able to clear all buttons and panels for screenshots.
  •  

Andrew Heard

this is already 100% possible & I have a preset called Fullscren that updates all the necessary settings.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - in testing/ confirming my above post using 2 presets, one with dashboard selected, one with no dashboard selected, then switching dashboards by tapping each preset, sometimes the dashboard remains displayed when I tap the no-dashboard-preset. I could send my presets & dashboards as a backup zip if interested.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, sorry for the small delay in answers > hiking (testing) vacation.

@CabrioTourer
maybe you see a problem I still don't. When you pick a point as a via-point during planning, it gets duplicated. One is attached to the track and one remains as before. Isn't this a problem you see? I'm thinking how to do it better because currently track needs to have all via-points placed directly on any existing trackpoint ...

@joeloc
status bars and navbars > we fought with them a lot! The current solution is the result of desperate tries how to hide them completely. And the old system is really what you found > expert settings. There is nothing more you may do. Ah, as @T-mo wrote ... option in Expert settings use on own risk. It won't work 100% correctly on all devices.

@Will C
give a try to the Menu > Share > Screenshot  ;)

@Andrew Heard
Presets ... hmm, I do not like problems that contain the word "sometimes" :D. Please try to find a reliable way to simulate it and I'll gladly look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 01, 2023, 08:10:58Presets ... hmm, I do not like problems that contain the word "sometimes" :D. Please try to find a reliable way to simulate it and I'll gladly look at it.
@menion - I think I have a reliable way to reproduce (for me) but will wait until finished trip to provide good steps for you.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

CabrioTourer

@Menion

I don't see a problem in doing so if this would be seen just in Tour Planner.

Today when a route is shown on the map the points are doubled in map view (!).
Nobody knows why there are doubled points in map view until he/she ask the developer ;)
At least it took me a while to find out where these points come from. I know from another guy here who didn't understand it. My wife complained about it just today bcs he didn't know it, too.

It's not only useless on the map. It looks like a bug. Or is there something I can do with these points ?

Or let me start from another side.

Let's assume I'm a well known Locus user and know where these point comes from.
I have such a point and edit it in map view (!) and move it to another location.
Please do so and reenter tour planner for the route.

The result is a route where the via point is still at the correct (old) location even the moved double point is shown at the new location. Without any visible connection to the route.
Remeber the via point was the reason to create the double point.

Now, still in tour planner, save the route again.
The result is now you have three(!) points in map view. The original, the moved doubled and a second (newly) created doubled.

This results in another reason why these points should not be visible in map view. They can be moved, edited or deleted but then they converts to something I call "ghost" points. Somehow conected to the route but not the real doubled point.

If you need the double points please  just hide them in map view. Then all probkems are solved.
  •  

Menion

New Beta version with a big bunch of minor fixes and various updates. Enjoy the weekend!

Beta version 4.17.1.2, download.

@CabrioTourer
thanks for the description. I'll have to read and check it more carefully after the weekend!

michaelbechtold

Another 1%/h battery saving (down to 5%/h while recording track, with a 1" hgt for  the region of the track, on a Galaxy S10), now that the hgt evaluation once per second is avoided.
TXs a lot, Menion!

Menion

New Beta version with some fixed crashes etc. and mainly a new side map-content panel with hopefully useful improvements. Feedback is welcome of course, thanks.

Beta version 4.17.1.3, download.

Andrew Heard

@menion - tapping the new Map-content button is very "sluggish" (slow to open panel ) - compared to previous beta - maybe 1s? previously it opened immediately.

I do like the content being displayed though! the new tick-boxes for temporarily hiding all tracks & points is an excellent idea.

tapping the map icon at the right of the map theme (OS Map V4 day in attached) gives an error regards the legend PDF (it is too quick to capture screen fully) whereas previously LM4 could open this PDF ok?
  •  

freischneider

I also really like the new content. Especially the track hiding. And so that you can omit certain areas altogether. Since I don't use the shading normally (only makes sense in the mountains). Would be nice if you could also deselect that.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Tapio

Awesome release. Quicker access to theme options. Yasss. And finally! we can hide embedded waypoints. I am once again very thankful for your hard work.

Definitely needed: Allow to filter out any setting. I don't need temp. map items or map overlays. You're probably hesitant because new users, shoot in the foot etc...

Bug: Embedded WP do not disappear instantly,some screen refresh issue?

As Andrew wrote, the panel comes out sluggish.

The line break (screenshot) does not look beautiful. And creates some wasted vertical space. See attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Tapio

Menion, if tracks are hidden but points are not, could you make Locus display the embedded waypoints of those loaded, but hidden tracks? IMO that would make things perfectly transparent.
  •  

Tapio

What do you think about center aligning a not fully populated side bar? I always filled it only for aesthetics reasons.

Also notice how the copyright and map scale could go right, into the free space.
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio