Voice navigation with display off

Started by Nomade, April 24, 2023, 21:16:37

Nomade

Please, I need your help. I'm sure I used this a few years ago as well: I want to have voice prompts for route navigation and leave my phone in my pocket. The display should be off to save power.

When I haven't started navigation, it works as expected. If I lock the screen, it stays off until I wake the display up again.
But when I start a navigation, the screen always comes back on automatically after a second or two.

I've already tried all the settings that struck me, letting Locus run as a service and restarting Locus every time, since some settings are only applied after a restart.
Does anyone have an idea where I have to set something else?

I currently have tried
    Settings - Controlling - Display - Screen on/off control: Disabled
    Settings - Controlling - Display - Always screen on: Disabled
    Settings - Controlling - Display - Unlock the screen: On

But also with
    Settings - Controlling - Display - Always screen on: Enable - Specify - all three options disabled
it doesn't work for me.

Locus Map Classic 3.66.2
  •  

Menion

Hi,
start of the navigation is usually connected to a certain "Preset". Please check also "Settings > Navigation > Link with presets". Here is defined which Preset should be applied when you start the navigation. So most easy - simply set to all three options > "Disabled" if this helps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Nomade

Thank you Menion,
but all them are disabled already.
  •  

Menion

Interesting. I'm looking at what more may cause this behavior and the only feature that affects this as well are

- Bluetooth 4 radar sensor
- API event - 3rd party add-ons may turn the screen on over Locus API (for example from tasker etc)

And nothing more ... so some tasker task?
  •  

Nomade

Thanks Menion, no Bluetooth, API use by 3rd party, no Tasker....
That's why I also reset and removed + reinstalled the app. But with default settings it's the same behaviour :-/
I use OPPO Find X3 Pro, on my wife's phone (Samsung) it works fine.
  •  

Nomade

Quote from: Menion on April 26, 2023, 11:02:36Interesting. I'm looking at what more may cause this behavior and the only feature that affects this as well are ...

I have figured it out!
It's the notifications that keep turning the display on. If I change the Android "manage notifications" for Locus Map as follows, everything works fine
Variant 1: completely switch off "Allow notifications" for Locus Map Classic in the Android settings
Variant 2: only switch off the notifications for the lock screen
Variant 3: switch off the following three notifications: "running tasks" and "Navigation" (and "Track recording" for the rest of my use cases).You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

Hi, sorry I forget to answer. I was thinking about it and had no idea so ...  ::)

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to find out a reason > so the reason is that notifications of Locus Map turn the screen on. Isn't this simply a problem of your device at all ... that ANY notification you receive turn the screen on?

As I think about it... app creates a notification only when the navigation starts and the rest are just "updates". So it is interesting, that every update turns the screen on in your case. Never seen such problem before ...
  •