No export of Fieldnotes on Android 13

Started by wbat, April 15, 2023, 19:40:30

wbat

Hello,

Since a few days i have a new Android Phone with Android 13. Beside the very annoying fact of the problems of LocusMap with the private storage i cannot export my fieldnotes to a file. Even i specify the export location within the private folder of LocusMap I always get an error message "Cannot write to file".

I can accept that the GSAK Addon is not working anymore because it cannot access the synct Database but i cannot accept if i cannot export my fieldnotes. If there is no solution ineed to look vor another app than LocusMap für geocaching :-(

Can anyone help me with this problem so that i can export my fieldnotes to a local file?

Thanks and best regards,
wbat
  •  

Menion

Hi,
you are using the "FIeld notes addon" for export? It is outdated and seems it won't be updated anymore.

Suggest using internal Geocaching tools > Logs manager screen and export to file over here. The exported file may be immediately shared to any place you need.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wbat

Hello,

Yes, i was using the Fieldnotes Addon where i purchased the PRO also. It's a very useful tool because of its possibilities for filtering. I used it because the internal Log manager is very rudimentary.

However, your suggestion to use the internal log manager is better than nothing. So i will need to use that one. Thanks for the advice.

However, if the internal log manager sometime will have the possibility to filter logs, also logs that were logged or exported already, would be fine.
  •  

wbat

By the way, i found a little workaround. I still can manage all fieldnotes/logs in the fieldnote addon. I can filter and mark as logged/unlogged. Just for the export of fieldnotes marked als unlogged i need to use the internal tool.
So if there are fieldnotes that were exportet already and i want to export them again, i just need to set them as unlogged in the fieldnotes addon. After that i can export them again in the internal tool.

Thats ok and fine with me.
  •