Problem calibrating overlay map

Started by Gorkde, April 10, 2023, 16:00:49

Gorkde

Hi!

I have calibrated maps before with old versions of Locus and MapC2MapC64.

I now did a fresh install of the latest version MapC2MapC64 and calibrated a tiff pictuure as map.

The source pictures are found here at the bottom of the page ("Karte Oberboden"
and "Karte Unterboden"):
https://www.thuenen.de/de/fachinstitute/waldoekosysteme/projekte/bodenschutz-und-waldzustand/projekte-bodenzustandserhebung/die-ph-werte-der-boeden-von-waeldern-und-landwirtschaftlichen-nutzflaechen-deutschlands

I did multiple calibration points around and in the center of Germany.
In MapC2MapC64 all looks fine but the overlay in Locus was not correctly alligned. I tried multiple times also tried using multiple file formats as export.

So I updated to the latest Locus 3 Version and it still is incorrect.

I did choose "Latitude / Longitude (plate carree) > WGS 84" in MapC2MapC64 as it said in a old manual for Locus might that be the problem maybe? - If so what should I Use?

As example I added pictures of my top left calibration point I used (the lower edge of the island of Sylt) which is completely correct in MapC2MapC64 but wrong in Locus which shouldnt happen directly on the calibration point!

Overlay error in Locus:
You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

Correctly aligned in MapC2MapC64:

You cannot view this attachment.

•  

Menion

Hi,
I'm not using Mapc2mapc for the calibration of maps, but did you try exporting to KML? This format may be really easily validated by comparing results in the Locus Map and Google Earth.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gorkde

Quote from: Menion on April 11, 2023, 13:38:54Hi,
I'm not using Mapc2mapc for the calibration of maps, but did you try exporting to KML? This format may be really easily validated by comparing results in the Locus Map and Google Earth.

Hmmm I always followed a tutorial from your site, that's why I bought it years ago.

I tomorrow could try exporting it as kml if possible.

Isn't kml only for waypoints and such?
  •  

Menion

KML support also map tiles. Anyway, I do not know where the problem may be, but what I do as most easy solution & test is to try the calibrated map in any different application to confirm, that problem is in the Locus Map or the map itself.
  •  

Gorkde

Tried kmz and Google Earth its also flawed.
I did write an email to the creator of MapC2MapC64.

Maybe he knows whats the problem.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Gorkde

Ok, we found the problem.

The map needed to be converted to UTM after calibrating (Edit - Fit coordinates - UTM) because it was in that projection.
  •  

Menion

Ah. So now it works correctly right? Perfect!
  •