Auto Rotating Map In Landscape Mode?

Started by phoneguy100, July 19, 2011, 23:10:08

phoneguy100

Hi all.

Yeah, sorry to ask such a dumb question but I really cant find the answer.

I recent android update of this AWESOME app overwrote a few setting and I am desperate to find out how I lock the blue direction pointer to the 'up' position when navigating.

I remember having it set so in portrait it pointed upwards and the map rotated and in landscape up pointed upwards too and the map rotated but for some reason I could set it today.  I pressed the rotate map icon but for some reason the map was rotating but so was the blue direction arrow and I wanted it locked.

Cheers for any help folks.

regards and best wishes.  :-)
  •  

Menion

dumb question? don't be crazy :)

anyway don't know if I fully understand but you have problem that map do not point into correct way? try to check settings -> sensors -> and at bottom angle rotation modifier. These values should help you. Try to set another values like 90, 180, 270 in landscape or portrait. hope this helps
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

phoneguy100

Thank you menion for your nice,polite quick answer - I appreciate it.

My problem was that I had 'compass' turned on and so the direction arrow along with the screen was rotating whilst I was driving.  I disabled the compass as per the menu and the blue direction arrow is now locked and the map rotates which is what I wanted.

Sorry that my answer was already detailed within the app itself, but although I have changed that setting before I just couldnt find it.

Gotta pile some respect onto your head tho menion... the latest version of Locus Pro is just AMAZING.   The nightime mode is incredible and the car finder will probably prove useful too.
Locus Pro is BY FAR the best app on Android and is (in my opinion) the best app I hae ever seen for any device.
You are a genius and I love going out on walks even more now just to use Locus.
A million thanks. :-)
  •  

Menion

fine, good you solved it. And don't be crazy with quality of Locus. Just next mapping application ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

phoneguy100

Well, just a note about the quality of Locus.
I used TrekBuddy for many years on a Sony Ericson K750i and it was my first tracking hardware and I thought it was pretty great.

Unfortunately, when I got my Android phone I decided to use TrekBuddy and found it was resource hungry and failed a few times.
So, I then of course tried the Google MyTracks app and found a few niggles with it - the main one being that it was not tracking acurately.
Then I tried a number of other tracking apps including one called SportTracker.  It had a nice interface and even spoke the distances I had walked - it was a decent app but unfortunately the only way to get your tracking .gpx file was to upload the data onto their website and then go onto their website to download the data back again and gain the gpx file I wanted.  All a waste of time and an attempt to make you go onto their website.

So, then I found out about Locus.
for my hiking it does everything I need.  I can keep my tracked gpx files for future reference too.  Best of all, on my particular android phone - it doesnt hog the resources and doesnt run the battery down much at all.  It has functions that I used in other singular apps which means I have now deleted those apps and use Locus instead.

When you do a big hike and push yourself and want to see the results of your hike on the tracking device, it can be...lets say... annoying when the app you are running gies a completely wrong distance or een worse has shut down altogether about an hour ago without you even knowing.  Well, I have never had anyh of that with Locus and can therefore rely on it.  To me, thats the reason I love it so much.

Dont do your awesome work a dis-service menion - Locus Pro is by far the best app on the android store and no other app of this kind comes close to it as I mentioned above.

Hope that explains a bit why I did go a bit crazy about my appreciation of your software - but to be honest.... crazy or not...  Locus Pro is amazing and long may it continue to be so.

Best regards.
;-)
  •