[APP] - version 4.15.+ ( 3/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 08, 2023, 13:25:43

Andrew Heard

I'd agree with @tapio & @T-mo on most points. Overall - excellent improvement.
  • change "loading" to "processing" or even "backing up"
  • the list of words in my content left of the SELECT button was even more truncated, but I feel a full list like @T-mo suggests is a waste of screen space. How about the truncated list is replaced with just "<N> of 10 items", or "none" if <N> = 0 or "all" if <N> = 10 - sufficient & compact, and unlikely to change from manual backup to backup, so the user will see their usual (eg) "9" and know it's correct.
  • I agree with @T-mo it would be nice to see more detail during the "processing" although I suspect most time is with processing tracks, so similar issue to Cloud Sync
  • I agree on final "OK" button name
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Andrew Heard

I have noticed the following message twice on Android 8.1 in last few weeks - but only twice, and never before this recent time. Am 99.9% sure the battery settings are set correctly - battery usage:not optimised, otherwise would LM4 display this message each time it is run?
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

CabrioTourer

It would be nice to add the output path in
manual backup dialog.  I don't ask for possibility to change it. Just for information in case someone forgott the setting.
Like me
;D

I don't want to annoy you. But when I look at the zip content of backup file it looks pretty easy to add the nogo file there.  ::)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
thanks for the tests. I forget to mention that the backup manager is in the "beta" version. So thanks for the feedback, I'll improve it for sure.

@T-mo
initialization ... hmm, nothing should change here. The loading screen is visible in case, more points/tracks need to be loaded at the start.

@Andrew Heard
interesting. I do not know why this happens so rarely to be true. This method do some internal testing and checking if the device really tries to kill the Locus Map and if the app detects it, it informs. If you consider this as false-positive report, simply "Ignore it".
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

I should not talk about "Last version with old function X" etc, because the new Beta version 4.15.2.5 with the old search system has just been published.

Many internal fine-tunings & a final improved version of the backup manager.

Enjoy the weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

4.15.2.5: @menion I think the new text for Manual Backup "Content" is a good an improvement over the previous truncated text. Thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 15, 2023, 00:55:484.15.2.5: @menion I think the new text for Manual Backup "Content" is a good an improvement over the previous truncated text. Thanks.
"Maps" could be confusing (user may think Locus makes backup of vector maps), but I have no better idea... not too important.

I sometimes feel the itch to trigger the auto backup NOW (it backups a different set of files), maybe Menion can add an additional button into the auto backup dialog?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

T-mo

Menion, could you add an expert setting to enable long-press on theme-button to directly jump to theme's StyleMenu for quick access, so overriding theme-selection dialog?

A variant of this option (expert setting) could be, normal click jumps to theme's stylemenu - to change settings of active theme (enable routes, trails etc., change style), and long-click to open themes-selection menu - to switch to another theme, which might be less often.

With expert setting enabled the icon might appear in e.g. neon-pink colour :D

Tapio

I like T-Mos idea. Because the way to themes settings is a bit far, and it's often needed. IMO, to be logical and consistent, it should be like this:

Theme short: Themes settings
Theme long: list all themes
- can be vice versa because of habit...

Map short: As it is now
Map long: Goto the full maps window

One point though: There's themes which have no settings.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo, luce

Gerhard57

function "first three presets visible when long-pressing at function panel" included with version 4.15.0
dosn't work. When selecting a preset always the third is selected.
Tested with 4.15.0 up to 4.15.2.5
Selection via Main menu -> Prests -> select preset works
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Gerhard57 on April 17, 2023, 12:10:29function "first three presets visible when long-pressing at function panel" included with version 4.15.0
dosn't work. When selecting a preset always the third is selected.
@Gerhard57 - well spotted - confirmed here too
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  I've noticed something unusual recently, maybe since downloading my current 4.15.2.  If I interact with G4L from within Locus (eg, double-tap the map, tap the G4L icon in the panel, do anything with G4L or simply try to dismiss), Locus becomes unresponsive to the touch.  (The panel does auto-hide, so it's not fully locked up.)  I need to task-switch away then return to Locus, which now works again as usual.

This happens on my Android 13 tablet, but not the Android 9 phone.  Locus is not running as a service, Screen on/off control is disabled, Always screen on is disabled, Unlock the screen is enabled.

PS, this also happens when I bypass the G4L UI, eg via "Update cache."
  •  

Andrew Heard

@Viajero Perdido have you tried the latest beta 4.15.2.5? I had similar (not exactly same) experience with 4.15.2 but was fixed in 4.15.2.3.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

The .5 beta doesn't fix it, I'm afraid, but thanks for suggesting.  Both scenarios, with- and without G4L visible, still cause the problem.

But I see the cache-info panel now appears at the bottom, not side, which is nice because I can swipe that one away, not the side version.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I just had a crash while in the Dashboard editor for no good reason. I should have created a crash log ;-( Hopefully not related to the bug I reported to @menion a few weeks ago which we thought was fixed.
  •