[APP] - version 4.15.+ ( 3/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 08, 2023, 13:25:43

Menion

@Tapio
extra button in automatic backup to do a backup like a manual backup? Funny  :)

And namings: I'll ask Michal if there is a space for improvements.

---

Long-click on themes > complete rewrite of the side "Map content panel" is close ...

---

@Gerhard57
Presets - thanks, good point. Fixed.

@Viajero Perdido
did you tried to press the device's "Back" button again? Maybe there is an "invisible screen" that needs to be dismissed again. Anyway more and more reasons to get rid of G4L. Just one cache by gc-code and live-map are missing...

@Andrew Heard
hmm, I see no useful automatic report in Crashlytics (system I use to collect errors).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on April 19, 2023, 13:53:04@Tapio
extra button in automatic backup to do a backup like a manual backup? Funny  :)
Because people will basically have two different sets of backups, that's the point, a complete one and one with assorted settings. And you may want to trigger both of them manually.

Map content panel rewrite? Ooh, curious.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Sure, the complete one should be the "Automatic backup" and "Manual backup" should serve as an occasional backup system or for easy sharing of certain content between apps.

T-mo

reg. backup, just an idea:
I am using LM4 AFA and also have any data backed up, and I am not in the situation, but imagine generally one needs to completely uninstall LM4 and then re-install. Probably some folders and their content might get removed.
Question is, does it makes sense to inform during backup that the processed essential backup does not include all data, like additional data maps 1234Mb, hgt 1234Mb, etc. etc.? Just to inform and paint the full picture.
In case of a fresh install and loaded backup them might need to get handled manually, or trigger re-download, and probably require a separate backup.
Or recommend to additionally use 'app data transfer', or whatever might be of help.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on April 19, 2023, 14:27:11Sure, the complete one should be the "Automatic backup" and "Manual backup" should serve as an occasional backup system or for easy sharing of certain content between apps.
No, here it's vice versa. Regular auto backup is without the database, because of permanent settings tinkering.
Full backup only manually.

But I backup the auto exported GPX, so in case disaster there's the missing tracks.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Menion on April 19, 2023, 13:53:04@Viajero Perdido
did you tried to press the device's "Back" button again? Maybe there is an "invisible screen" that needs to be dismissed again. Anyway more and more reasons to get rid of G4L. Just one cache by gc-code and live-map are missing...

Aha!  No, I didn't.

Just now, I duplicated the bug.  Then hit Back.  Responsive again!  And...  Now I can't duplicate the bug.  I think you're right, there was a hidden window that got activated along with G4L, and a single "back" was enough to make it go away, and stay gone.  Okay, never mind.   8)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
instead of waiting till the new search system will be ready, I've just published the new version 4.16 today, so we may benefit from a few improvements done last few weeks. Thanks for the help as usually and have a nice weather  ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce