Bottom Panel won't hide

Started by Mapper, February 12, 2023, 16:34:12

Mapper

I am still using LM3 Pro because I like it a lot but I have played around with LM4 free also. I've set the bottom, top and right function panels to hide automatically but the bottom panel wouldn't hide and after trying many different settings without result I decided to uninstall LM4 completely and I clean installed v4.12.2 from Google Play.
To my surprise the bottom panel still won't hide and I found another unexpected bottom menu change after setting the zoom buttons to auto-hide.

Screenshot Bottom Panel after a clean install:
You cannot view this attachment.

Screenshot Bottom Panel after setting the zoom buttons to auto-hide:

Screenshot Bottom Panel after setting all panels and function buttons to hide:

These are all very basic settings but the result is not what I expected, the bottom menu just won't hide after a double tap or the timeout. Also, hiding the zoom buttons changes the entire bottom menu.
Am I doing someting wrong or is this all normal behaviour? My device is a Samsung A52 on Android 13
  •  

Tapio

Faulty behaviour. There were problems with the bottom bar in recent versions l, but Menion supposedly has fixed it. Try the most recent beta...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t1CYpIhHGZXjNBqOFUPQKTTvddj7VVCv
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Mapper

Thanks Tapio, I will try that beta version later on the day.
I am really surprised that the actual LM4 version on Google Play has such flaws in very basic settings. It makes a transition from LM3 to LM4 not very attractive...
  •  

Menion

The bottom panel was completely recreated and this is just a minor (from my point of view) issue in the more advanced settings. Anyway as Tapio wrote, it is already fixed so try the beta or wait please till the next app version will be published. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mapper

Mapper

I installed the latest beta and hiding the bottom panel works great now :)
There still is a minor issue when hiding the zoom buttons, the bottom menu then looks exactly like my second an third screenshot.
  •  

Menion

Perfect. What you see is not an error but an intent. Panels try to use the smaller possible space now + it have to look nice  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mapper