[APP] - version 4.14.+ ( 1/2023 )

Started by Menion, January 18, 2023, 13:54:54

baegas

Quote from: Menion on January 27, 2023, 09:53:44@baegas
to check VDOP value and why it does not refresh, I'll need from you recorded NMEA messages created in the time, the problem was visible. It may be done by enabling NMEA recorded in the Locus Map > settings > GPS & sensors > NMEA recording. Thanks.

Hello
Attach NMEA message

You cannot view this attachment.

•  

Tapio

In "Partial auto hide" mode my bottom panel does not hide at all, but its icons are removed. I see, it's WIP.

And in full autohide most buttons stay where they are, not beautiful.

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

joeloc

Remember just a few months ago when I complained about the silly and utterly useless super high contrast copyright button and risks for burnin?

It now found its way to my screen permanently and gets brighter every day. Thank you, Locus BURNIN. If I weren't up for a new phone anyway, I'd be quite pissed off now.

I know I am a mega power user with 5+x hours locus screen on time at full brightness each day, but I can almost guarantee that you will destroy more displays pretty soon unless you finally do something about it.
  •  

tannenzäpfle

QuoteIn "Partial auto hide" mode my bottom panel does not hide at all, but its icons are removed

Same with me on LM4 Gold
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Tapio on January 28, 2023, 12:21:29In "Partial auto hide" mode my bottom panel does not hide at all, but its icons are removed. I see, it's WIP.
+1   (.2 here)
  •  

luce

Quote from: joeloc on January 28, 2023, 14:44:34Thank you, Locus BURNIN.

It's your choice to buy a phone with an immature screen technology, it's not Locus' fault.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: luce on February 01, 2023, 08:09:09It's your choice to buy a phone with an immature screen technology, it's not Locus' fault.
I remember joeloc's request and remember me thinking 'that's valid point and an useful enhancement, well known downside of static high-contrast pixel-sections'.
It's always easy if you're not (yet) affected, and as a long time Locus user and community member he just wants to communicate his dissatisfaction about this addressed potential issue, which is understandable.
Permutating positions is not a difficult matter, though functionality needs to get coded, tested and maintained.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce, Will C

Andrew Heard

while setting up LM4 in BlueStacks I've found a number of issues (I'll separate into a few posts because of the attachment limit):

main menu > All features > search: "backup" not found
whereas main menu > Settings > search: "backup" correctly found
why different?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

main menu > notifications: count is not refreshed after the notifications are deleted. for example 1 notification:
I then delete the notification:
but after tapping Back, the count is not refreshed, still 1 notification listed
  •  

Andrew Heard

dashboard list: dot-dot-dot- menu for last dashboard is hidden behind "+" icon & there was no way to drag list up or down in order to show the menu

initial Cloud Sync: I suggest that new points & tracks are not shown by default, because if there are lots of new points & tracks (generally the case when setting up a new device to sync to existing device), the device or virtual machine grinds to a halt/ runs out of memory

Andrew Heard

and lastly unhelpful behavior when flight mode enabled/ wifi disabled (my mistake inside Windows virtual machine), and the Locus account login is attempted (I hope these are all useful & constructive):

main menu > tap Login (top bar): at this point LM could detect that there is no internet connection and display a helpful message and/or disable the 3 options:

1) if I tap Google & select my account, LM just silently returns to the same "Locus account" screen

2) if I tap email, enter my address & password & tap Login, LM displays "Loading..." & never completes, although the Back button is still responsive
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
thanks for the reminder about older posts. The first is more on @Radim V , I've informed him. Second about HEIC ... well even the latest Android 13 on Pixel 5 is unable to take photos in this format. Your Samsung device is capable of?

@baegas
thanks for the NMEA file. I believe I've found a small issue. Will be fixed in the next app version.

@Tapio
the bottom panel ... thanks, I still tune some remaining tiny problems like this.

@joeloc
hmm, nice. Understand. I see a few solutions
- ignore this, oki, not ideal
- make this button semitransparent so the color on problematic pixels will change during usage
- make this button auto-hiding like the rest of the main screen UI (technically problematic because the button is connected directly to the map, not the map screen)
- allow hiding it completely, something I do not want to do because I still believe that copyright is must-have when using maps based on OpenStreetmap and others.

I'm choosing a change of style ... so the next version.

@Andrew Heard
uff, so many found issues, I'm impressed, thanks!

"Search for backup" > backup manager was moved into the Settings into the new category "Backup & filesystem".

"Notifications" > improved

"Dashboard list" > this is really really interesting. I'm unable to simulate it. In my case, the app always inserts a small gap at the bottom of the list. Hmm, I have no idea why this happens, sorry.

"Login screen" > I've plan to invest some time into this one, so thanks, note to "TODO" list added.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: baegas

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on February 02, 2023, 10:32:36@lor74cas
thanks for the reminder about older posts. The first is more on @Radim V , I've informed him. Second about HEIC ... well even the latest Android 13 on Pixel 5 is unable to take photos in this format. Your Samsung device is capable of?
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-my-Android-photos-HEIC-instead-of-JPG
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on February 02, 2023, 10:32:36"Search for backup" > backup manager was moved into the Settings into the new category "Backup & filesystem".
@Menion - yes but doing a Find should match "backup" right?

& your thoughts on Cloud Sync with new device? I think displaying all new POI & tracks by default is problematic - could crash the app if too many things to display - happened to me twice - instead did a full backup from old device into new virtual machine then restore, instead of Cloud Sync

Menion

New Beta version 4.14.2.1

@lor74cas
interesting readings, thanks! Quite a complicated task when HEIC is not natively supported in the Android API!

@Andrew Heard
Search in "All functions" is independent on the search in "Settings". For now ...

And points & tracks > I forget to write about it, sorry. A good point of course. In the next version, the first initial sync will ignore these settings, so points & tracks won't be automatically loaded!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download