Several wishes and bug reports

Started by nAS, July 19, 2011, 02:42:09

nAS

Hi, first of all I want to thank you for this amazing piece of software!
I have some bug reports and wishes that could make this application even more awesome :)

• Most annoying bug for me: when I open listing for some cache in Locus then switch to another application and then switch to Locus back, the Listing of this cache is closed and I see only map. It is really annoying for multi cache: when i need to solve formula for final coordinates, I need to write down formula to some "notepad" app. But I cannot copy&paste from listing and I don't remember whole formula. So I need to switch many times to rewrite whole formula and every time I do so, Locus closes the listing  :twisted:. So please fix this bug and if you want to make me really happy, make sentences from listing copy-able or bring any other solution for solving coordinates.
  • I don't understand how enabling and disabling GPS works in Locus. I use widget on homescreen that can enables and disables Wi-Fi, GPS etc. so I want for Locus to use GPS every time it is enabled. But Locus sometimes disables its internal option for GPS, so I have to go to another screen to enable this option - and it is for no reason. I just want this option not to disable itself.
  • When i open cache from c:geo, the icon will display on correct position on map, but all other layers that I have displayed are shifted (a lot - even for several kilometers). When i disable displaying this layer a enable again, it displays correctly. Also when Locus runs in background it works good. The problem is (probably) that Locus starts, then draw early displayed layers, then moves map to draw a new POI, but it doesn't move those layers.
  • This is related with previous bug. When I open some coordinates from external application, it would be great when Locus can first move map, then draw a point and at last draw all other layers (which could take a little time). It can save second every time and when I do it a lot...  ;)
  • When I switch from one downloaded map to another, that hasn't current zoom level, it would be great to use the closest one. It is pretty annoying to zoom 7 levels every time I switch map.
  • When I have filled in a place in google calendar event and I select Locus to display it, it often loads Locus and do nothing. For example coordinates "N 50° 5.0531', E 14° 26.4715'" does no move, no error message, just nothing. When I put those coordinates into address search, it finds it well, so there must be some problem with calling from external application. And even when Locus can't find that place (e.g. "my home"), it would be fine to show some error info instead of silent nothing.
  • It would be great when Locus can download Pocket Queries right from geocaching.com, so I can prepare PQ on my PC, set it to generate and then in Locus set to download this PQ and select category where to import POIs and where to waypoints.
  • Another thing related with geocaching: It would be usefull when Locus can download SPOILER images from geocaching.com (since they aren't included in GPX). It should be next tab next to "Listing" or part of bottom menu.
  • Locus should register handler for geocahing.com links and opens corresponding cache.

That's it for now, thank you once more for this great app!
  •  

shawkawkaw

Hi, there is another one annoying issue. It's about the corner of view function. When this is enabled I see the corner of view rotating by digital compass. If I go to options or any other screen and then return to map I see that corner freezed. The only way to make it work again is to disable and enable this function.
  •  

Menion

1. this happen only when you return to Locus by some shortcut button (main screen, task manager, ..). When you return by back button from your editor, you should stay on last screen
2. When you enable GPS in Locus, it should stay enabled for a whole time. Can you write me step by step how to achieve your issue on my phone?
3, 4. Tested now and no problem on my phone ... anyone similar experience?
5. done
6. which calendar do you use?in my phone is used some samsung calendar that do not call any app for location
7, 9. Needs login to gc.com - this violate TOS of Groundspeak ...
8. still problematic ... topic for this is here - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=268&hilit=spoiler

shawkawkaw: thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

nAS

First of all I should probably say that I use HTC Desire.

1. Yeah, that's true. But when I'm in some "notepad app" (namely ColorNote) and I have open some note where I write formula and press back button, it will first close that note, second press will close ColorNote and switch back to Locus. It just moves the problem to another app, where I have to open that note every time. What I was talking about was switching between apps by long press home button and selecting recently running app.
2. Enable your system GPS, run Locus, make sure Lucus GPS option is enabled, close Locus, disable system GPS, run Locus, Locus GPS option is still enabled, close Locus, enable system GPS option, run Locus, Locus GPS option is disabled now.
3., 4. Specific procedure to achieve this bug: Open Locus, enable some Layer(s) with POIs, close Locus, run c:geo, open cache position by Locus, Locus will start, displays map at old position, render old layer (it takes ~1s depends on number of POIs), moves map to render cache from c:geo, but previously rendered layer stays at exactly same position on screen. This bug started several weeks ago (I don't know exactly), but rendering previously layer before move map to final position is present since c:geo can open map in Locus (not 100% sure, but I think so).
5. Thank you!
6. I use default HTC Calendar.
7., 8. Aah, right. Maybe some external unofficial plugin could do this.
9. I don't think that Locus needs GC.com credentials for this function. What I mean is that Locus could open only previously imported cache - not to download the new one.
  •