[MAPS] - Vector maps

Started by Menion, July 17, 2011, 09:49:21

Menion

hey, you bought own domain for this? damn you're crazy :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

I hope that people click some ads so that it gets paid by itself. ;)

And btw, it is a better looking Corporate Design...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Hi menion,

do you render the vector maps at your own?
Germany (Nordrhein-Westfalen) ist defect at zoom level 9 in the west of Münster (white screen). I loaded the newest,
Regards J.
  •  

-Dante-

Hi, im trying to convert a .pbf map to .map vector map but all i got is this problem

D:GPSosmosis-0.39bin>osmosis --rb file=venezuela.pbf --mapfile-writer file=nuevo.map
nov 26, 2011 12:45:21 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
Informaci¾n: Osmosis Version 0.39
nov 26, 2011 12:45:22 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
Informaci¾n: Preparing pipeline.
nov 26, 2011 12:45:22 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis main
Grave: Execution aborted.
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Task type mapfile-writer  doesn't exist.
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.TaskManagerFactoryRegister.getInstance(TaskManagerFactoryRegister.java:60)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.Pipeline.buildTasks(Pipeline.java:50)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.Pipeline.prepare(Pipeline.java:112)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.run(Osmosis.java:86)
        at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.main(Osmosis.java:37)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchStandard(Launcher.java:329)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:239)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:31)

I follow all the instructions and  i´ve been trying in Ubuntu x64 and Win7 x64 with the same problem. Any idea what is this? Thank
  •  

Menion

seems like missing MapsForge plugin in osmosis/plugins directory ... check it
  •  

-Dante-

Thanks for your answer but thats not the problem i got everything in the right place.
  •  

joeloc

is it just me or is the spain osm map missing the canarian islands? i cant find them separately neither. thats a shame, because osm is really a gem on the canarians... best trail data by far :-)
  •  

Menion

hmm as I can see, they're correctly under spain in my polygon file ... I'll check map file also ...
  •  

joeloc

i downloaded spain.osm.map from uploaded.to and while it shows mainland spain nicely, the canarian islands do not appear. all is white.

the same thing happens with spain-0.2.4.map from mapsforge ftp servers. no canaries.
  •  

Menion

hmm you're correct ... damn, these areas in the sea or around the see ... it's really terrible! I'm sorry but with this I can do nothing for now. Hope new version of MapsForge map generator will be out soon ...
  •  

joeloc

same problem with oruxmaps btw... so you're saved... for now :).
  •  

berkley

Hi everybody,

if you have some time, may you please check some downloads from vectormaps4locus.eu ?
I recently switched back to multiupload and I am not sure, if i've done all the copy&paste correctly...

Thanks!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Szczepanik

Berkley thank you very much! I downloaded England and checked the new map now has the names of the shops in the new Westfield Stratford shopping centre which opened in September's last year just in time for the 2012 Olympics.
Quote from: "berkley"Hi everybody, if you have some time, may you please check some downloads from vectormaps4locus.eu ? I recently switched back to multiupload and I am not sure, if i've done all the copy&paste correctly... Thanks!
I am pleased you can make some money from advertising to cover some of the costs of for your work. I would only suggest if you can show date updated then I would visit and download more often.

The combination of Locus and vector SD OSM is unbeatable - much better on my mobile than Google maps even using Wifi or than the recently released MapQuest app for Android!
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
  •  

berkley

Hi Tom,

thanks for feedback. The vector maps are the same as offered through the "addon for vector maps". As soon as Menion gives me access to new maps, i'll upload them. Therefor I created the RSS feed and the user registration with newsletter subscription.

Quote from: "Szczepanik"I am pleased you can make some money from advertising for your work. I would only suggest if you can show date updated then I would visit and download more often.

BTW, it is not about "earning" money, it is more about to cover the costs. :shock:
Webhosting at 1and1 is 9,99 €/month.
Income from adsene is around 5 - 10 €/month.
Income from adfly is around 0,20 €/day.

Just a side note: A webhosting with 50GB storage and "true" unlimitted bandwidth is around 50 €/month and up. So no way until now, to offer completly free (without advertising) downloads.

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Szczepanik

Berkley thank you.  I edited my post and will subscribe to your newsletter and RSS. Cheers Tom
  •