[APP] - version 4.11.+ ( 07/2022 )

Started by Menion, July 26, 2022, 15:31:26

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 28, 2022, 01:35:20
sadly IMHO Locus is not mentioned. I have experimented with all other 6 apps (long time ago) and settled on LM as the best
It's helpful to see what the expectations are. What I take from this is URL you posted, POI are of importance for many users. With OAM poi available offline, Locus has all that's needs, but the usability could be much better. Things like "POI along the route", "POI sets" (define a set of userdef poi categories)... But Menion is aware of.
Aw and that horrible scrollscrollscroll-Add100-scrollscroll-another100... Lopoi screen.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

@tapio - was watching your amazing YouTube videos. It all goes very quickly & it's hard to see what's happening & why. No captions. But all sorts of clever tricks I never knew were possible. Thanks.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Marek Scholtz on July 28, 2022, 09:14:36

wifi only connection switch is present in Settings in Miscellaneous section.
Hello Marek
thank you for your answer.
I was not sure since the heading there is "Import/Export".
Greetings Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 28, 2022, 09:53:51
@tapio - was watching your amazing YouTube videos. It all goes very quickly & it's hard to see what's happening & why. No captions. But all sorts of clever tricks I never knew were possible. Thanks.
Thanks. I am aware of it, they're bad, but cannot invest much time. Should probably press on screen longer, there's a white spot there. I am always considering sharing, but I also know tasks are complex and people with just a bit knowledge of Tasker will need support. That's holding me back. And all sorts of error handling needed if you share stuff.
Tasker+Falcos Locus plugin+Locus = holy trinity 😁

T-mo

Crash
- only with GPS on
1. choosing a recorded track, show on map
2. on map, select track, track infos pop up
3. choose navigate button
4. choosing guidance, start > crash
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: T-mo on July 29, 2022, 18:40:03
Crash
- only with GPS on
1. choosing a recorded track, show on map
2. on map, select track, track infos pop up
3. choose navigate button
4. choosing guidance, start > crash
Not happening for me.
  •  

joeloc

The new copyright button on top right is super horrible. Is there any way to disable that pretty please? Like a "I have acknowledged the Copyright for this map, remove the button" link when you first display the message for each map?

Besides of getting in the way visually and being hit accidently (moving bicycle on bumpy roads..
not while sitting in a chair...), it WILL cause OLED burn in with its super high contrast. Other parts of Locus UI have done that as well for me and are now permanent on my current phone... and my previous phones. Which reminds me... any chance of slightly moving the whole UI around by a few pixels every now and then somehow? If you run Locus outdoors, display will always be super bright and maybe always on and burn in will occur after a while for power users. All my Samsung devices going back to at least the S8 suffer from burned in Locus UI actually. S10 does, my GFs S20 does, my current S20FE also does (after 16 months heavy Locus use).

Obviously it's Samsungs fault, not Locus. But anyway... Locus is the only App that runs at 1000 nits many hours a day, so it causes by far the most stress for your Display.

Tapio

I currently observe:

- Audio coach not reliably turned on or off. Coach seems to be eg. forgotten from the recent recording? Those are bound to recording profiles, which are activated via presets here. And those are activated via an intent here.

Edit: While recording and switching recording profiles, it does not change the currently running audio coach. I think it should.

- Navigation, "Next turn panel" style was reset to the big default size for whatever reason.

Anyone?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  I see that on wide screens, the point detail panel now appears on the right, rather than the bottom as before.

It would be very nice if a horizontal swipe could dismiss this panel.  (I keep trying and failing.)  Thanks.
  •  

razvaneduard

after last update to 4.11, my map no longer show icons for any POIs on the map, like gas stations, stores, bus stations...
I use City theme, no other configuration has changed, I have this both in Locus 3 and 4.

and is there a place online where I can check the date for the latest map build?
last time, my Locus app saw in April the map update released in March.

Thanks.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I reported this bug a long time ago - on a large map download the progress bar may get stuck @ "99% | 1 items remains". You can wait as long as you like but it never got to 100% complete until I closed the Notification Centre panel then opened it again. It probably only happens rarely.

Andrew Heard

Also as mentioned in a few posts a few weeks ago - auto-start of track recording is problematic if the GPS vertical position is not yet accurate, for example when the GPS is first enabled. Attached is an even more dramatic example than the previous post. Unless you manually edit the track & delete a few initial points, the elevation chart is useless.

joeloc

Sharing points as KML doesn't work since a few versions. The menu entry simply does nothing.
  •  

jonny.blue

Now, where I found the solution for the brightness dimming problem of my Samsung device I'm back to LM4. 😉
And found some interesting new features. 😎
First of all: guidance line from position to navigation aim.
I like this idea and tried it on my round trip today ... but it only points to my start and ending point because of my round trip.
I had a lot of deviations today and hoped that the line shows me the direction to my next via point (until recalculation found a correct new route and doesn't try to lead me back🙄).

Wouldn't it be better to point to the next via point (if there is any)  instead of only pointing to the end of the navigation route?

And second question: where can I change color/size of this line and text?
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: joeloc on August 06, 2022, 07:36:52
Sharing points as KML doesn't work since a few versions. The menu entry simply does nothing.

Works for me.At least with these steps:
- Select a point
- Click on share at bottom of screen
- Select file explorer (X-plor in my case)
- Select target folder
-> Kmz created
  •